Polestar Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this issue with both front seats. I first noticed this when I turned and my body shifted a bit. Now I can just lean forward and then press my back towards the seatback to make this happen. I feels like something is loose or shifting inside the seatback, and I get a light POP sound.
This is the best I can describe it.
Am I the only one?

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Leather or Fabric?

And yes you are the first I've seen on this forum.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I get it now and again, I think it's the back support plates that you can adjust in out moving as you put to puch pressure on them when moving about

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fabric seats, and it doesn’t take a lot of pressure to make this happen. Even a normal driving turn is enough. It is only in the seatback.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 - Midnight
20 Posts
I think I noticed this popping sound the other day. My wife turned around in the passenger seat and was trying to lean in the back to get something (we were parked at the time) and we heard a popping sound.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The car has been to the garage to check for a rattle sound from the cooling/heating fan. It’s going back to have it changed. At the same time I told them to check for this popping sound, and they confirmed this is the case for both front seats.
I have regular front seats with no massage options or anything else. If I sit in the seat and bend forward, then roll my back into the seat, I can feel something shift and pop.
They will take out the seats, strip them and check what this is.
They have never had this complaint before. Same with the fan. It sounds like the bearing is worn. Unusual for a car this new. I have driven only 5000 km.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My car was in the garage yesterday to fix the mentioned problems.
Fan was changed. They found a small play in the bearing. Rattle sound now gone.
Both seats had several small plastic clips broken inside them. These clips hold a cable in place. With them broken, the cable could move and that was what made the sound when I changed position in the seat.
Strange since I’m not a big guy, and my wife is even smaller. The front passenger seat has hardly been used.
The clips looked really thin and not able to hold anything at all.

Car back to normal and latest update installed as well.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Weird, I had a random popping sound yesterday as I shifted in my seat to pull into the garage. It almost sounded like an acorn or rock hit the car, but there's nothing like that to hit the car at our garage. It's only happened that once, and I thought it was odd, but didn't have time to investigate it at the moment.

I'll have to try to recreate it now. Oh, and I have slate weavetech interior.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts