Polestar Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
52 Posts
Just came back from the Volvo dealer who landed the Polestar servicing contract. I was sent there by the local Polestar Space guy. The dampers were adjusted in 15 minutes. I had them set to the most confortable setting: I drove away with a new car, very very happy with the result. The factory settings was very taxing on my poorly maintained roads. Very happy !
What did they set the dampers to for the most comfortable setting. I'm getting mine in a few days? Thank you and congratulations on your new Polestar.
Void,Barley,PP

· Registered
52 Posts
For me, I told them to set it to zero (the most compliant and soft). For me, it's still a great sporty ride and can absorb the ruts and pot holes well enough that I feel satisfied enough to not change them for now. I have an XC40 which can adjust the suspension from comfort to normal to Polestar. The Polestar level is pretty stiff on the XC40 and I think the PS2 is even more sporty with the Ohlins than the XC40. I test drove 2 PS2 before taking delivery. Neither one had the Ohlins so I didn't know what to expect. I'm glad I got the Ohlins because there is a noticeable level of sophistication in how the Ohlins work through the small bumps, especially the sharp ones like lane divider dots. I drove over hundreds of lane divider dots and paid a lot of attention to how the suspension reacted and was expecting the Ohlins to be similar to the stock, but have to say the Ohlins are noticeably better (and should be for the price increase).

When you get the performance package, even the softest setting on the ohlins will be pretty sporty and I think you will find many reviewers mention how "track stiff" the suspension can be for a day to day car.
That is very helpful,definitely going for the most comfort, too many potholes around here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.