Polestar Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the US if you live outside the 150 mile range of a service point, you will be charged an additional fee to utilize the pick-up and delivery program.
But Switzerland is very small and I live in one of the 2 cities where a Space will open soon, and I would also gladly travel anywhere in the country to pick-up my car...

So why at the very end of purchasing process, they suddenly add these extra fees never mentioned before?

Any feed-backs of similar (bad) experience?

·
Registered
266 Posts
I live 5km from my service point and had to pay 900€ for delivery to and pick-up at this service point 🤮 It's the same with every brand here, though.

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
I live 5km from my service point and had to pay 900€ for delivery to and pick-up at this service point 🤮 It's the same with every brand here, though.
That's ridiculous!

·
Registered
266 Posts
That's ridiculous!
It gets even better... For all the german manufacturers you pay ~900€ delivery fee to your local dealership. As an option, you can travel to the factory and pick it up there - and pay a 900€ service fee instead.

I'm sure it's the same delivery fee for other brands as well, part of the pricing structure.

Don't get me started on the price list for extras for the german cars...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, at least it means it has nothing to do with belonging or not in the European Union!
But shipping costs from China should be included directly in car's price to be fair (such process would be illegal in Quebec)...
How is the situation in UK, BE, or nordic countries?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It gets even better... For all the german manufacturers you pay ~900€ delivery fee to your local dealership. As an option, you can travel to the factory and pick it up there - and pay a 900€ service fee instead.

I'm sure it's the same delivery fee for other brands as well, part of the pricing structure.

Don't get me started on the price list for extras for the german cars...
So this new brand wants to offer a complete new customers purchase experience but repeats old bad habbits from traditional manufacturers: quite disappointing for me.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Thankfully they're not allowed to do that in the UK - dealers have to advertise an "On the Road" (OTR) price for their cars. That's the price you pay and they cannot add any extra charges in for delivery, number plates or any other nonsense. Makes a change for the UK to get something right by itself for once!

·
Registered
Void Polestar 2 2020
45 Posts
This has caused quite significant issues in the UK. For a reason that’s not entirely clear, when Polestar quoted prices to lease companies, the lease companies did not apply delivery costs to the calculated lease costs (over £1000).
Customers who ordered cars in many cases were told their lease costs were then increased by the £1000 spread over the term of their lease. Some cancelled, some capitulated and some held firm.

Where subsidies apply on the basis of car list price eg £3000 subsidy if list price is below £50,000 there is some advantage to the customer in artificially deflating the cost of the car to get the subsidy (and claim “fees” so the cost is actually the same as it would have been). Hence a £51k car becomes a £48k car and the only loser is the taxpayer (oh that’s all of us).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This has caused quite significant issues in the UK. For a reason that’s not entirely clear, when Polestar quoted prices to lease companies, the lease companies did not apply delivery costs to the calculated lease costs (over £1000).
Customers who ordered cars in many cases were told their lease costs were then increased by the £1000 spread over the term of their lease. Some cancelled, some capitulated and some held firm.

Where subsidies apply on the basis of car list price eg £3000 subsidy if list price is below £50,000 there is some advantage to the customer in artificially deflating the cost of the car to get the subsidy (and claim “fees” so the cost is actually the same as it would have been). Hence a £51k car becomes a £48k car and the only loser is the taxpayer (oh that’s all of us).
Interesting!
That could make sense if it's a strategy to get subsidies, but here in CH there is no subsidy for electric cars because as everyone knows, money just grows on trees... So it's simply fake advertising for me.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
True, I was only thinking of private buyers when talking about the OTR price.

·
Registered
234 Posts
How is the situation in UK, BE, or nordic countries?
In Sweden our only option is to pick up from a polestar appointed Volvo dealer with no fees charged. My pickup location is only a few km from my home so it works out just fine for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts