Polestar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
P2 thunder inc PP
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I’d update after 12 days of driving my P2. Firstly I had a few issues with the informant system I couldn’t log into google and the wing mirrors kept jamming. Also had the 12v battery warning light came up after a few miles. After re booting the system I’ve not had any of these issues since.

also already had the recall emailed and polestar rang me literally the next day and the car is in on the 22nd of this month. I’ve found the customer service excellent always prompt with calls and replying to emails that day.

as for the car itself I love it! Drives well and much more comfier than I remember on the test drive which was one of my main concerns.

get so many questions and positive comments about the looks. Mainly about colour to be honest so glad I went with the thunder. Few comments...looks like a space ship. Knight rider lights. It looks a beast! Not been in the car yet when I haven’t noticed someone looking back when I drive past. The massive yellow brakes also get a mention but I now know why they are that big!

obviously the range is a bit of an issue but I’ve been parking it my integral garage over night which doesn’t really get that cold. This seems to help the range over the first few miles from
Stand still. I’d say 200 miles max is what you’ll be looking at on a full charge but as we all know they advise not to charge to 100% so this will be less. I did a 140 mile trip last week and the range dropped from 80% to 10% and this was a fairly nice day around 14 deg and had the car in the garage the night before.

finally i read lots negative comments re the company and the car but I’ve honestly found the whole experience fantastic and I’m very glad I went for the P2 over the M3. I think if your looking for problems you will always find one.

lastly see a few pics attachedI’ve had the rear windows tinted and the body coloured roof panel wrapped in black making the whole roof black. Let me know your thoughts

cheers View attachment 1686

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Looks great! Thanks for posting. 'Always nice to hear about good experiences.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Hi @areeve82
The car looks great & glad you’re loving it.
I thought your PP version came with black roof panel. How does your wrapped black differ?

·
Registered
P2 thunder inc PP
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi @areeve82
The car looks great & glad you’re loving it.
I thought your PP version came with black roof panel. How does your wrapped black differ?
The main pan roof is clear/tinted and the panel at the back where the arial
is is also black but the panel adjoining the windscreen and pan roof is body coloured so had this wrapped black.

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
Gotcha.
It's like shaving your neck. Once you start where do you stop?
Oh where to stop comes immediately to mind, thank you.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
663 Posts
Well I think it looks brilliant but appreciate your feed back 👍🏻
I agree it does! And it's nice to gently customise your already rare car.
I was referring to the strip above the door windows, but then you go down the back.......

·
Premium Member
1,044 Posts
And I was referring to neck shaving... but there you are.

·
Super Moderator
674 Posts
... and ironically TMI came from American sitcoms!

Great pictures, really pleased you're loving the car.

By the way don't worry about charging to 100% if you know you'll want the range in the next few days. The updated infotainment system has increased the recommended charge level from 80% to 90% in any case. No need to be too precious :).

1 - 19 of 19 Posts