Polestar Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
It isn't clear yet how we can find out the exact versions our car has, and there doesn't seem to be a way of finding our what update versions are available, exactly how we get them, and what they contain.
Yeah that is a bit of an issue, especially when people ''expect'' that new cars will be delivered with updated software, OTA is not activated and there is no way to know what version you have on delivery.... good luck guys, i ll go play some lotto just in case.... :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Will find out tomorrow in my hours chat with my handover expert! No doubt he will have all the answers...!
I can't help wondering if the delay getting cars from Belgium to European customers was in part due to firmware/software release delays.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Not grumpy really just fed up with companies that want to sell a half baked product and test it with other peoples money. This started with Tesla 10 years ago and i see that more and more companies (including Polestar) are adopting this kind of dishonest and unprofessional mentality. I just purchased a Peugeot e208. 1,5 month after i literally have 0 problems with it, 0 warnings and all is as promised on the brochure. Their customer support has been awesome and very flexible when i had to change a few things before delivery. With Tesla i had to go through hell and Polestar until now has had a terrible response record on customer service while moving my delivery date again and again. I understand they want to deliver a car like the Model 3 but do they have to have the same crappy customer care like Tesla? That was the main reason i bought a Polestar and not a Tesla and i am seriously regretting it now.
These are fair criticisms, Wallaby. I'm betting and hoping they're scrambling in Sweden right now to fix this. They've gotten outrageously good reviews. Now's not the time to blow their lead.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah that is a bit of an issue, especially when people ''expect'' that new cars will be delivered with updated software, OTA is not activated and there is no way to know what version you have on delivery.... good luck guys, i ll go play some lotto just in case.... :)
FWIW on the Polestar.fans German forum some have indicated they received OTA updates to different things after the last in person firmware update. And our US customer service (Mike) guaranteed to me over the phone that their predelivery inspection process included ensuring that the car had all available updates installed.

It does seem like they’re trying at the least. But definitely communication could be better and I wish the initial web interfaces were less bug-ridden so as to inspire confidence.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Re 12v battery subject, interesting.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts