Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put my order in a few days ago, Void /Slate and 20 inch wheels.
The performance pack is a bit pricey for me, but I love the look of the 20 inch wheels.
My only post-order anxiety is the reports of the ride being overly stiff with the performance pack, which can at least be softened by the adjustable suspension.
Has anyone seen anything on the ride stiffness of the non-performance pack 20 inch wheels?

·
Registered
28 Posts
There was a UK? review (can’t remember which one) with 20” wheels and non performance and they also complained the suspension was very firm (just like all the other reviewer who drove the cars with the performance option have said)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll try to track that down. I definitely like the look of the non-Performance pack 20" rims, but not at the cost of an overly firm ride.
That's the challenge of no test drive!

·
Registered
528 Posts
What I'd like to know is what tires come on the non-PP 20" wheels. Are they also summer rubber or all-season?

·
Registered
513 Posts
What I'd like to know is what tires come on the non-PP 20" wheels. Are they also summer rubber or all-season?
This generally is down to where you live and not a standard across the range. In addition the make of the tyre's can change from country to country, so this is very hard to answer - have you tried emails Polestar US?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tire size choice will also have an impact on delivery date.
When I put my order in, I was told that delivery would be early November if I chose 20" tires and early December if I chose 19" tires.
No corporate evil here, the Rep just looked at what was booked to be coming in and availability.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Tire size choice will also have an impact on delivery date.
When I put my order in, I was told that delivery would be early November if I chose 20" tires and early December if I chose 19" tires.
No corporate evil here, the Rep just looked at what was booked to be coming in and availability.
Yes, but as opposed to pre-builts, you would think that an order placed 8 months ago shouldn't be affected.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Yes, but as opposed to pre-builts, you would think that an order placed 8 months ago shouldn't be affected.
I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re not yet working on a build to order basis. I’d bet they’re just building runs of cars in certain colour/spec combos to ramp up production quickly and then allocating those to orders that match.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts