Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a long shot but what the hell.......
My pre config. car is coming on 3rd March. The spec was as I wanted apart from 19" alloys. I went with the 19" because I wanted the car now not in June and I had been struggling to decide whether to go 19 or 20" when originally specking my ideal car. My head told me 19" for a better ride and better mileage, and my heart said 20" because I always put the biggest alloys on all of my cars (they just look better me thinks). Anyway, my heart is winning the debate again and I wondered if anyone has had 20s and wish they had 19s. As I said, a long shot! I am in Stratford-on-Avon by the way.
Ian

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I'm just 6 miles away from you, but I have 19s if you want to see what they look like in real life? Believe me, 19s still look big on the car and I think the difference is relatively small unless you specifically know what to look for.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blimey that close! I don't know how to pm on here so that I can let you know where I live. I would love to meet up when we are able to compare notes. I have so much to learn about the car. Also i am interested in Octopus so might be a mutual benefit!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I shall send you a message now - you should get an email saying when it's come in, and if you click on your picture (or "P in a blue box") in the top right, there should be a "1" next to Conversations shortly :).

To send someone a new PM, hover over their name and click "Message":

·
Registered
436 Posts
It is a long shot but what the hell.......
My pre config. car is coming on 3rd March. The spec was as I wanted apart from 19" alloys. I went with the 19" because I wanted the car now not in June and I had been struggling to decide whether to go 19 or 20" when originally specking my ideal car. My head told me 19" for a better ride and better mileage, and my heart said 20" because I always put the biggest alloys on all of my cars (they just look better me thinks). Anyway, my heart is winning the debate again and I wondered if anyone has had 20s and wish they had 19s. As I said, a long shot! I am in Stratford-on-Avon by the way.
Ian
I have the standard 19" and they look pretty good and big enough. I went for them for the ride although I have never driven a car with 20" wheels so can't compare.

·
Registered
Thunder ⚡ | Non-PP | 20" | Towbar | Damn good looking driver
57 Posts
I've got the 20'' but i'm all right with it. Range wise is all ok. I sometimes drive like a maniac and i still get 30kw/100km (with 230 km and average speed 104km/h. Whent to our neighbouring country @ the autobahn :) ). Ride feels firm but not to firm but they look insane. Just those giant awesome wheels. I would not change them to 19'' for anything.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Jon. I did test drive a 20" non PP car and thought it was pretty good. At the test centre I also could compare the asthetics of the 20" next to the 19". And I think that was the issue. I am sure that if I just saw the 19s I would be happy. Hoping to view just that on Friday afternoon. When the wheels were side by side, my eye was, of course, drawn to the 20s! Thanks for the offer though. It is also a bit accademic if there is no one to swap with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts