Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if it is possible to mount 19 inch wheels on a Polestar 2 Performance?
On the Polestar website I can only select the 20 inch winter wheels...

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure it won't work. Teslabjorn had a video showing next to no clearance over the Brembos with the 20“ wheels.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
Yeah can’t see this working. On my test drive day (after watching Bjorn’s videos tbf) I noted the very tight clearance on the brakes with the PP.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for feedback and I have asked the question to Polestar via their support website... and I will post their answer as soon as I get it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It just got confirmed by Polestar that the Brembo callipers are too large for 19 inch wheels.
(Thank you Frederique from Polestar Belgium)

·
Registered
164 Posts
I suggest you visit a tire shop for a measurement. I discovered that the minimum size Polestar suggested is not even close to what the parts can handle.

I was able to fit much smaller rims on the non PP size.

At least in Canada, most shops will measure for free... in hopes for a sale.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It just got confirmed by Polestar that the Brembo callipers are too large for 19 inch wheels.
(Thank you Frederique from Polestar Belgium)
OK so I've been researching about this, for people who are really really committed and doesn't care about the cost, there are 18 inch wheels that clear 380mm six piston Brembo breaks.
For example, these:

You can simply redrill from the 114.3 sized bolt pattern and install one of those.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts