Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the update icon appear and then disappear before I installed it. PS Support in Australia have informed me as follows. I see some similar messages in the forum from Canadian owners. Looking forward to 2.2.1 :)

'I have been informed that we have put a hold on the 2.2 update as we have found a potential issue within the software update, this would be why you are unable to download the update.'

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,638 Posts
I had the update icon appear and then disappear before I installed it. PS Support in Australia have informed me as follows. I see some similar messages in the forum from Canadian owners. Looking forward to 2.2.1 :)

'I have been informed that we have put a hold on the 2.2 update as we have found a potential issue within the software update, this would be why you are unable to download the update.'
I wonder if they have found another issue other than the range/odometer reverting to km in UK/US markets, as this shouldn’t be a problem in Australia!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the P2.2 OTA update installed, it has quite a few irritating bugs in addition to the odometer units. Car seems to drive ok which is the main thing! Makes you wonder how good PS are at development & testing, especially as this isn't the first time!

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I have the P2.2 OTA update installed, it has quite a few irritating bugs in addition to the odometer units. Car seems to drive ok which is the main thing! Makes you wonder how good PS are at development & testing, especially as this isn't the first time!
Interesting, what else did you notice?

Other than the units issue and the occasionally dipping mirrors when reversing I haven’t noticed any other bug.

Turning off ACC with one pedal drive is smoother (you used to have to sort of rev match by pressing the accelerator pedal before disengaging it, it gives you more time to do this).

What I noticed is that it will consistently let the car do 2mph more than the set limit downhill, similar to my Audi, whereas before it was more strict about it I seem to recall. Probably part of the efficiency improvements of the ACC mentioned in the release notes.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I got 2.2 on the day of release and haven't noticed a single bug. All going well so far fingers crossed!

Strange you mention that about the ACC. Mine has since I got it let me go to around 4-5mph over the set limit when going downhill! Extremely irritating in the 50mph average speed checks.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I got 2.2 on the day of release and haven't noticed a single bug. All going well so far fingers crossed!

Strange you mention that about the ACC. Mine has since I got it let me go to around 4-5mph over the set limit when going downhill! Extremely irritating in the 50mph average speed checks.
You must be the first person in the forum with 2.2 that states his range and odometer didn't switch to km after the upgrade!

Clearly it's not affecting all the cars then, similar to the known to them mirror issue, but there must be a lot.

Odd thing about the ACC, mine was very strict until this firmware update, it's a bit more relaxed now and lets it coast at a bit higher speeds which makes sense from a conservation of momentum PoV.

I wonder if that's also due to the various hardware revisions of components that exist in our cars getting slightly different firmware.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
What I noticed is that it will consistently let the car do 2mph more than the set limit downhill, similar to my Audi, whereas before it was more strict about it I seem to recall. Probably part of the efficiency improvements of the ACC mentioned in the release notes.
I use the speed limiter daily and it always allows the car to go +2 on the downhill sections, so if they have made changes to the ACC it’s been brought in line with that or linked the two somehow.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I have just returned from a very long journey were we kept swapping drivers and I was going to post about this . . .
I use OPD when driving, my co-driver switched it off.
I noticed that on hills my speed went 1 or 2 over the pre-set speed (OPD), whilst my co-driver went between 5 and 10.
I think that the lack of the automatic regen of non-OPD does not control the speed so well on hills.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I wonder if they have found another issue other than the range/odometer reverting to km in UK/US markets, as this shouldn’t be a problem in Australia!
I'm wondering whether they are aware of another more serious issue as well.

I mean a mirror not dipping and range being displayed in km are irritants and annoying but in my opinion not enough to stop the roll out. Unless there is something way more serious I would have just fixed forward and release a patch for those little annoyances...

But perhaps, and I'm just guessing, the Ericcson automotive platform is not smart enough to handle multiple updates. There seem to be suggestions that ones you've missed or declined one it can't catch up with the next one. It's like they can't have multiple updates live at the same time, which is a bit odd this day and age.

·
Registered
259 Posts
I'm wondering whether they are aware of another more serious issue as well.

I mean a mirror not dipping and range being displayed in km are irritants and annoying but in my opinion not enough to stop the roll out. Unless there is something way more serious I would have just fixed forward and release a patch for those little annoyances...

But perhaps, and I'm just guessing, the Ericcson automotive platform is not smart enough to handle multiple updates. There seem to be suggestions that ones you've missed or declined one it can't catch up with the next one. It's like they can't have multiple updates live at the same time, which is a bit odd this day and age.
I went from 1.9 straight to 2.1, is that what you are meaning?

·
Registered
96 Posts
You must be the first person in the forum with 2.2 that states his range and odometer didn't switch to km after the upgrade!

Clearly it's not affecting all the cars then, similar to the known to them mirror issue, but there must be a lot.

Odd thing about the ACC, mine was very strict until this firmware update, it's a bit more relaxed now and lets it coast at a bit higher speeds which makes sense from a conservation of momentum PoV.

I wonder if that's also due to the various hardware revisions of components that exist in our cars getting slightly different firmware.
I think mine was one of the first to land in the uk back in late summer 2020. I had all sorts of problems with it. It once stopped on my abruptly whilst driving almost doing an emergency stop in the middle of the road (quite scary). After this it went to the garage and as it was a safety issue I think PS instructed Volvo to update every single module in the car.

They had the car for about a week and since then I have had virtually no problems whatsoever. My theory is still that there are cars out there that dont have every module updated (OTA wont do this). Only a garage visit will update certain modules. Even then, they will only update modules where they beleive there is a fault. As they did every single one with mine its been faultless since. (except for occasional signal dropping and scheduled timers not working).

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I think mine was one of the first to land in the uk back in late summer 2020. I had all sorts of problems with it. It once stopped on my abruptly whilst driving almost doing an emergency stop in the middle of the road (quite scary). After this it went to the garage and as it was a safety issue I think PS instructed Volvo to update every single module in the car.

They had the car for about a week and since then I have had virtually no problems whatsoever. My theory is still that there are cars out there that dont have every module updated (OTA wont do this). Only a garage visit will update certain modules. Even then, they will only update modules where they beleive there is a fault. As they did every single one with mine its been faultless since. (except for occasional signal dropping and scheduled timers not working).
Got mine a bit after you in autumn 2020, mine went in twice for the force firmware update everywhere process, last time was when it had the dreaded propulsion system failure error and associated torque stuttering when driving.

It's been fine other than the known issues (TCAM acting up so keys not working or signal/gps lost, charge timers being random etc).

They've admitted that there's a huge variety of different modules across the fleet and there might be discrepancies between the latest firmware of different hardware revisions that breaks integration with the AAOS stuff, like in this case were propagating the units or mirror dip settings is not working everywhere as expected.

I can see how something like this might go unnoticed when doing integration testing if they're not testing all permutations, which might be unfeasible, but the units thing isn't a mere annoyance, it probably is a legal requirement to have odometer and range in miles in certain markets, and they're probably not conformant now.

In this regard Tesla's strategy to use a more centralised architecture than the very decentralised one other OEMs use is probably an advantage.

·
Registered
107 Posts
"In this regard Tesla's strategy to use a more centralised architecture than the very decentralised one other OEMs use is probably an advantage."

And that's why they have phantom drain, Teslas never shuts down like the PS.

·
Registered
132 Posts
If I had to guess, they rushed this release to try to meet their "CarPlay in Spring 2022" promise. They still didn't make it, but they were close.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I went from 1.9 straight to 2.1, is that what you are meaning?
Oh that is interesting. Yes that is what I meant but I was clearly wrong then. Makes me wonder that those who don’t have that may have other problems with their car configuration. Thanks for highlighting that point 👍

·
Registered
621 Posts
Unless Polestar is aware of the clientele where some see a minor annoyance and a fairly large part of the group see these as the end of civilization as we know it.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts