Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being burned by the 2.2 OTA, I turned off automatic updates. For the past several days I’ve been avoiding the prompt for 2.3 but the “cloud” reminder remained and the notification was still in the Notification Center. This morning every reminder was gone. I checked the software version to see if my car ignored me and upgraded the software anyway. (It did not and I’m still 2.2) but says I’m “up to date”. No more prompt for 2.3. Anyone else seeing or hearing about a “pullback”?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Would not surprise me if they pulled it back. I installed it two days ago and Collision avoidance system has become massively over-sensitive. In 12 months of driving the car I have never had it intervene while changing lane but it has now happened twice since the update. Also can't reverse up my steep drive without it thinking I'm going to crash into the drive. This happened with a previous software version and was fixed but is now back again.

Very frustrating that new versions seem to re-introduce old bugs - almost like they have poor software revision control.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Updated yesterday. No issues, but ACC and PA no change. Car is a write off as far I'm concerned. Can't express my feeling towards Polestar in words acceptable on the forum ...

·
Registered
Midnight PP 20" Wheels Barley Nappa interior
2 Posts
Same thing happened to me, got the cloud yesterday evening and saw 2.3 had downloaded, cloud was still there this morning, but after two minutes driving, it disappeared. Checked the messages and software update screen and now says up to date on 2.2. Thought it was just one of those Polestar moments we all have come to enjoy.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 Dual Motor, Long Range, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,568 Posts
Hmm, sounds like they've identified an issue with certain combinations of car hardware maybe, and have stopped the roll-out to cars with that combination?

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
It's weird to me that they paused it for that reason. If it introduced a new bug, then sure. If it simply didn't resolve an existing one for some customers....then continue the roll-out and address that issue in a subsequent release to all.

·
Registered
Snow, Performance, Pilot, Plus and Nappa Barley interior
52 Posts
After being burned by the 2.2 OTA, I turned off automatic updates. For the past several days I’ve been avoiding the prompt for 2.3 but the “cloud” reminder remained and the notification was still in the Notification Center. This morning every reminder was gone. I checked the software version to see if my car ignored me and upgraded the software anyway. (It did not and I’m still 2.2) but says I’m “up to date”. No more prompt for 2.3. Anyone else seeing or hearing about a “pullback”?
I did the same saw the update and have been ignoring it, yesterday it was gone like yours

1 - 20 of 113 Posts