Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Had mine on 2.3 for 2 days and no phantom drain here.

Car is slightly less efficient though for first 15 miles but then averages back again. Yesterday I put it down to colder weather but drove home in 18c so it’s not that.
Yes, I noticed the efficiency is a bit poor in the first few miles...but I was not sure if it is due to changing weather condition as it's getting a bit cooler.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Same thing happened to me, got the cloud yesterday evening and saw 2.3 had downloaded, cloud was still there this morning, but after two minutes driving, it disappeared. Checked the messages and software update screen and now says up to date on 2.2. Thought it was just one of those Polestar moments we all have come to enjoy.
Yes same for me. It’s been ready for a couple of days but I’ve not had time to install it. Today however it’s gone !

·
Registered
236 Posts
I got a taste of the updated collision avoidance today. On I-95 in the center lane. I need to start getting over for an exit coming up in 1.5 mi. There is a car in the right lane, close enough to show the BLIS light, but barely. They are going at best the same speed as me or slightly slower. I signal right and begin to switch lanes and the collision avoidance activates and violently pulls me back left to the center lane.

It was completely unnecessary and alarming.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Another data point (as always, YMMV): I snuck in under the wire and installed 2.3 before it was paused. I went straight from 2.1 to this, skipping 2.2 since 2.1 was near flawless in our car and the various potential 2.2 bugs didn’t look enticing.

All good so far (knock on/touch wood) - efficiency looks about the same and no phantom battery drain. I know some folks have had issues with ACC since 2.2, but for us the permitted speed range (above and below the set speed) has so far been exactly what it was with 2.1 - allows 2mph over, and 1-2mph under. There is a difference though - braking is distinctly smoother when it does approach that 2mph over - used to be a noticeable push on the brakes (regen), but now feels much more like it would if you were doing the braking. Me like.

If only my left rear brake pad hadn’t recently become stuck to the rotor, I’d be on the list of P2s with no issues…but that’s for a different thread!

·
Registered
MY22 Void SRSM Pilot/Plus/Leather
1,262 Posts
Updated on Thursday night (now Sunday day) and haven’t seen any phantom drain, also seeing some improved efficiency which I guess is down to the new heat pump software

·
Registered
654 Posts
I got a taste of the updated collision avoidance today. On I-95 in the center lane. I need to start getting over for an exit coming up in 1.5 mi. There is a car in the right lane, close enough to show the BLIS light, but barely. They are going at best the same speed as me or slightly slower. I signal right and begin to switch lanes and the collision avoidance activates and violently pulls me back left to the center lane.

I’m on 2.3 and I actually switched over to early warning because I literally never get the accident avoidance trigger alerts any more. When I first got the car they were going off all the time.

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2 Midnight, Pilot, Plus, and Performance
36 Posts
This has got to be a hardware issue (or should I say a variation in the hardware component/quality issue) that’s causing all these problems… I mean, every update has problems.. every one… that’s ridiculous… Oh, and on a lighter note.. my car updated just fine, no issues… yet. And, this is the first OTA that I’ve ever received…

·
Registered
LRDM Pilot/ Plus/Performance.. Snow.
162 Posts
Haven't noticed any issues with 2.3 yet..
Me neither.... I'm not a pc/digital man... or pretend to understand how this technology works... So i don't understand how problems arise for some but not others... I'm a spanner and oily rag man...i can see a problem and why it occurred and how to fix it in all things mechanical... But grope around in the dark with digital issues.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts

Surely if the BLIS light was showing it was doing what it is supposed to do 🤷‍♂️

61 - 80 of 113 Posts