Polestar Forum banner
81 - 100 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
Me neither.... I'm not a pc/digital man... or pretend to understand how this technology works... So i don't understand how problems arise for some but not others... I'm a spanner and oily rag man...i can see a problem and why it occurred and how to fix it in all things mechanical... But grope around in the dark with digital issues.
Same reasons why not all mechanical things fail or blow up or break. Really no different.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Surely if the BLIS light was showing it was doing what it is supposed to do 🤷‍♂️
Not sure on this, I’ve always have collision avoidance set on early, and the BLIS light is on I change lanes with no collision avoidance being triggered. It may just depend on the proximity of the car when the BLIS is on. Sometimes it shows even with 3 car lengths between me and the car on either side.

You would think the car wouldn’t allow you to change lanes when BLIS is on but it does for me and according to some it don’t for them lol.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Surely if the BLIS light was showing it was doing what it is supposed to do 🤷‍♂️
For the BLIS light, sure. But I'm talking about the collision avoidance behavior. Maybe you missed the part where the car was behind me and seemed to be going slower. There was no risk of collision. I didn't say this in my original message, but the car in the right lanewas at least two car lengths behind me and the gap was either staying the same or widening.

·
Registered
⬛ 👨🏻‍✈️➕ 🐄.
161 Posts
@scottwsx96 I also had a one time false positive regarding the car intervening on a lane change. I was entering an airport along side a parking structure, and twice, the collision avoidance system intervened jerking me back into my lane. I finally just horsed the car over to where I wanted it, and it was fine. I was attempting to slide from a center lane, to the left-most lane along the curb; I was the only vehicle on the road in the area at the time. This was on 2.1 or 2.2. Never happened before or since. I can only theorize that perhaps something in the pavement (rebar?), or parking structure somehow spoofed the side looking radar.

·
Registered
2022 DM Void Plus & Pilot 19 inch tires
155 Posts
Every update is a wild card, it would appear, and it's unfortunate that some have major issues with these.
Installed 2.3 before it was paused and just got back for a long-ish drive.
All is working as it should.
Before this update the GoM would show 230 miles at 90% charge but it would go down to 220 miles within minutes of driving. On 2.3 it showed 230 until it reached 85% charge and at that point dropped to 220. Weather has been consistent here, mid to high 60's.
It felt like the drive was "firmer" somewhat and that the lane assistant (the one without ACC) was keeping the car more centered.
Again, just my take of the last drive experience and understand that we are not all seeing the same behavior with updates.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
For the BLIS light, sure. But I'm talking about the collision avoidance behavior. Maybe you missed the part where the car was behind me and seemed to be going slower. There was no risk of collision. I didn't say this in my original message, but the car in the right lanewas at least two car lengths behind me and the gap was either staying the same or widening.
I didn't miss that part, but if BLIS in on then the car is still there. You may think its an acceptable risk but the car clearly disagreed. Best to just don't go there and don't fight it. Use the assistance provided to your benefit. Or switch it all off if you prefer to do it yourself (y)

·
Registered
236 Posts
I guess the issue is this: nothing that I did was out of the ordinary for my driving style, yet this is the very first time the car intervened. There was no risk of a collision; there was nothing to avoid.

I don't mind of the car disagrees with me if the car was actually correct. It wasn't.

·
Administrator
2,504 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if a car with Volvo genes not only prevents you from crashing into another car, but also from cutting into its safety distance.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After being burned by the 2.2 OTA, I turned off automatic updates. For the past several days I’ve been avoiding the prompt for 2.3 but the “cloud” reminder remained and the notification was still in the Notification Center. This morning every reminder was gone. I checked the software version to see if my car ignored me and upgraded the software anyway. (It did not and I’m still 2.2) but says I’m “up to date”. No more prompt for 2.3. Anyone else seeing or hearing about a “pullback”?
Mine was pulled back too yet I see that it is still listed by Polestar as available. I’ve contacted my dealership and am awaiting their response. Also, my 2.2 update didn’t include CarPlay and he told me to wait until 2.3 dropped. Needless to say, this is getting very frustrating.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After being burned by the 2.2 OTA, I turned off automatic updates. For the past several days I’ve been avoiding the prompt for 2.3 but the “cloud” reminder remained and the notification was still in the Notification Center. This morning every reminder was gone. I checked the software version to see if my car ignored me and upgraded the software anyway. (It did not and I’m still 2.2) but says I’m “up to date”. No more prompt for 2.3. Anyone else seeing or hearing about a “pullback”?
Stop living in fear and update the car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Let's see if they do the right thing and make the next release 2.3.1 or if they'll just bloody confuse everyone by calling it 2.3 again...
mine indicated update available but that disappeared after two days. I had not updated.

·
Registered
LRDM, Pilot, Plus, Midnight, Sep 2022
52 Posts
I took delivery of my P2 last Friday 16.9 with ... version 2.2. System says it is up-to-date.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry I guess I don’t remember what that resets. I’m only aware of pressing the Home Screen button for 20 seconds. Can you remind me, thanks.

Edit: never-mind. I looked it up. TCAM reset.
Just an aside, the documented TCAM procedure and undocumented procedure, screen reset first then hold front windshield defrost for 10-15 seconds, does not work for me and some others. Is there something I/others might be missing when attempting to reset the TCAM? When exactly after the screen restart does one press and hold the defrost button? When the Polestar logo appear the second time brighter? When the home screen very first appears?

All connectivity went out on my vehicle, still on 2.2, for a 1.5 day period. It came back HOWEVER I was trying all combinations of TCAM reset and never got the SOS button to flash red.

Thank you in advance,
Steven

·
Registered
341 Posts
Just an aside, the documented TCAM procedure and undocumented procedure, screen reset first then hold front windshield defrost for 10-15 seconds, does not work for me and some others. Is there something I/others might be missing when attempting to reset the TCAM? When exactly after the screen restart does one press and hold the defrost button? When the Polestar logo appear the second time brighter? When the home screen very first appears?

All connectivity went out on my vehicle, still on 2.2, for a 1.5 day period. It came back HOWEVER I was trying all combinations of TCAM reset and never got the SOS button to flash red.

Thank you in advance,
Steven
For me, ignore the screen, just hold the demister button to reset the TCAM.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This has happened to me also

81 - 100 of 113 Posts