Polestar Forum banner
101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Mine never got update available and guess I won't for awhile! Have to put up with this stupid reverse mirror bug grrrr

If you’re talking about the mirror dipping when reversing, this should have been fixed with a silent OTA update (one that needed no confirmation to install) which was pushed to cars right after the last 2.2 OTA.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I've had 2.3 for about a week now. So far the only issue I've had is that one instance of collision avoidance described earlier in this thread. I haven't noticed any other changes, good or bad.

FWIW I've never had any of the other major common problems with TCAM, propulsion, or not saving the charging settings properly with my car. Only problems I have is the left mirror always is a little high after it untucks and the backup cam view flicks between the cam + sensor view and solid black and sometimes randomly switches to 360 view. I also had some problems getting the car "into gear" using PAK, but I just carry the fob all the time now so I have no idea if that has improved or not.

·
Registered
11 Posts
FWIW I've never had any of the other major common problems with TCAM, propulsion, or not saving the charging settings properly with my car. Only problems I have is the left mirror always is a little high after it untucks and the backup cam view flicks between the cam + sensor view and solid black and sometimes randomly switches to 360 view. I also had some problems getting the car "into gear" using PAK, but I just carry the fob all the time now so I have no idea if that has improved or not.
I've had 13,000 trouble-free miles, but the infotainment system crashed and would not reset. It was the first time I had to use the defrost button to reset, but it worked. It took a very long time to restart, perhaps 5 minutes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
They're not talking about whether or not you're pushing buttons on the key, they're talking about whether you're using the 'virtual' key on the app (which seems to be working fine) or one of the physical keys.
They are actually talking about the metal key blade hidden in the big key fob. This is actually a problem I ran into twice!

The problem is as follows:
  • Sometimes, your key fobs aren't recognized any more
  • As last resort, you use the metal blade to open the drivers door
  • This actually triggers the alarm
  • According to the manual, the key reader in the cupholder is supposed to recognize the key and turn of the alarm, but sometimes it does not!
As a consequence the car is blocked, there's no way to get the car to do anything any more.

The situation get's worse, when your car is still plugged into a charger, then there's no way to get the car to disconnect… no way to tow it, it's still tied to the charger!

·
Administrator
2,504 Posts
According to the manual, the key reader in the cupholder is supposed to recognize the key and turn of the alarm, but sometimes it does not!
Just throwing the key in the rear cupholder ist not enough. You need to put the car 'in gear' (D/R) to silence the alarm.

·
Registered
California
1,727 Posts
They are actually talking about the metal key blade hidden in the big key fob. This is actually a problem I ran into twice!

The problem is as follows:
  • Sometimes, your key fobs aren't recognized any more
  • As last resort, you use the metal blade to open the drivers door
  • This actually triggers the alarm
  • According to the manual, the key reader in the cupholder is supposed to recognize the key and turn of the alarm, but sometimes it does not!
As a consequence the car is blocked, there's no way to get the car to do anything any more.

The situation get's worse, when your car is still plugged into a charger, then there's no way to get the car to disconnect… no way to tow it, it's still tied to the charger!
On Reddit, someone claimed once the keyfob is in the cupholder you’re meant to press the Unlock button on the car door to get the alarm to stop to get it into the next step to drive.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Performance Plus Pilot
1 Posts
After being burned by the 2.2 OTA, I turned off automatic updates. For the past several days I’ve been avoiding the prompt for 2.3 but the “cloud” reminder remained and the notification was still in the Notification Center. This morning every reminder was gone. I checked the software version to see if my car ignored me and upgraded the software anyway. (It did not and I’m still 2.2) but says I’m “up to date”. No more prompt for 2.3. Anyone else seeing or hearing about a “pullback”?
That also happened to me. What I am most excited about... but probably never use is the launch control which will come with 2.3

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
That also happened to me. What I am most excited about... but probably never use is the launch control which will come with 2.3
The official, unofficial, launch control has always been there. The procedure is:

1. Come to a stop.
2. Depress the brake pedal twice to get the (H) hold function to show up. Keep your foot on the brake.
3. Press the accelerator all the way down. (the car will squat down)
4. Release the brake within two seconds of fully depressing the accelerator.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Font Rectangle Screenshot Software Number

And before someone says "but EVs have full toque immediately!", the reality is that an EV could have full torque immediately, but the software doesn't allow that. It ramps it up, and as shown by comparison with P2 with and without the Performance software, you can see Polestar allows for a little more immediacy with the performance software. Same thing for using the "Launch Control" process.

Gesture Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

·
Registered
4 Posts
On Reddit, someone claimed once the keyfob is in the cupholder you’re meant to press the Unlock button on the car door to get the alarm to stop to get it into the next step to drive.
I think I have seen some of these recommendations when studying the online manual of Polestar 1. Anyway, for me with my P2 nothing worked. The final solution to get the car to react to input again was a Polestar service guy bridging the 12V battery. This reset the system, the key reader was working again, and they could get the car of the charger to tow it.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts