Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in NorCal and ordered 4/30 with a current delivery ETA of 6/10. I've been tracking ships and looks like there's 2 vehicle carriers slated to arrived soon in LA. I'm hoping my Midnight PPP is onboard. This waiting has been brutal :)

RCC Shanghai - 5/27 arrival Ship RCC SHANGHAI (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Bahamas - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9361823, MMSI 311003600, Call Sign C6XA5

Grand Race - 6/1 arrival

Both ships have had a history of carrying Polestar vehicles.

Fingers crossed!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered 5/4 I’m wider if mine is in that shipment too! Is your order status showing June 10th? Is that specific with the date? Mine shows mid June no date. The Polestar space told me that I should get an email with a generic picture once the car is unloaded from the ship. I would like to know the actual date to start planning selling my car lol

·
Registered
40 Posts
Use this link to see Polestar cars arriving since March. Ship names are listed.

That is good website. Question, why does some have a south Korean port like Kwangyang as a starting port? It sure didnt pick up Polestars there. Im guessing maybe it made a stop there but its confusing to think the cars are coming from Korea.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've wondered the same thing regarding my car being on one of these two ships. Also noticed the US hasn't gotten any Polestar 2 shipments in May.

My order date for a pre-config was 4/30. My ETA has gone from May to June to August, and has now settled on "Late July," so I kind of doubt it's on one of them. Still nice to dream though! Checking the ships' locations gives me something to do as well.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've wondered the same thing regarding my car being on one of these two ships. Also noticed the US hasn't gotten any Polestar 2 shipments in May.

My order date for a pre-config was 4/30. My ETA has gone from May to June to August, and has now settled on "Late July," so I kind of doubt it's on one of them. Still nice to dream though! Checking the ships' locations gives me something to do as well.
According to the site, there were 6 ships that came to Port Hueneme (LA) between March & April. All of them were from Korean ports. Their full manifests details the shipper as Polestar and the commodity as Polestar electric vehicles. So they appear the right ships but maybe we are missing something?

·
Registered
13 Posts
According to the site, there were 6 ships that came to Port Hueneme (LA) between March & April. All of them were from Korean ports. Their full manifests details the shipper as Polestar and the commodity as Polestar electric vehicles. So they appear the right ships but maybe we are missing something?
They are the right ships following the same path as previous deliveries, so we shall see. It takes a few days for the manifests to update on that site after the ship docks. The RCC Shanghai docked this morning. Grand Race is stated for June 1st.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That is good website. Question, why does some have a south Korean port like Kwangyang as a starting port? It sure didnt pick up Polestars there. Im guessing maybe it made a stop there but its confusing to think the cars are coming from Korea.
All the ships with a ‘starting port’ listed in South Korea are heading to the US West Coast.
These ones would be leaving Shanghai heading East and then stopping in S Korea to load/discharge before crossing the Pacific.
As they don’t really have a start and end port as such (since they trade in a continuous loop) it is really showing the last port called into before the discharge port on the US West Coast.
Must admit, as a ships Navigsting Officer I never really thought this would be beneficial on a car forum 😂

From UK by the way, the Norwegian flag must be due to our satellite internet being routed through there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
All the ships with a ‘starting port’ listed in South Korea are heading to the US West Coast.
These ones would be leaving Shanghai heading East and then stopping in S Korea to load/discharge before crossing the Pacific.
As they don’t really have a start and end port as such (since they trade in a continuous loop) it is really showing the last port called into before the discharge port on the US West Coast.
Must admit, as a ships Navigsting Officer I never really thought this would be beneficial on a car forum 😂

From UK by the way, the Norwegian flag must be due to our satellite internet being routed through there.
Thanks Delta Mike! That makes total sense now....even better from someone who actually works in the business.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in NorCal and ordered 4/30 with a current delivery ETA of 6/10. I've been tracking ships and looks like there's 2 vehicle carriers slated to arrived soon in LA. I'm hoping my Midnight PPP is onboard. This waiting has been brutal :)

RCC Shanghai - 5/27 arrival Ship RCC SHANGHAI (Vehicles Carrier) Registered in Bahamas - Vessel details, Current position and Voyage information - IMO 9361823, MMSI 311003600, Call Sign C6XA5

Grand Race - 6/1 arrival

Both ships have had a history of carrying Polestar vehicles.

Fingers crossed!

RCC Shanghai's manifest posted. It appears there were no Polestar vehicles aboard unfortunately. The west has officially not received any additional cars during the month of May. Hopefully the Grand Race will have some.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts