Polestar Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recommendations for increasing horse power and torque. Has anyone increased turbo size or install second turbo? If so, please let me know manufacturer, type, size, output increase and how vehicle driving was effected. Any information provided is greatly appreciated!

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Turbos suck. I'm using a supercharger on mine.

As soon as I can figure out how to pull it off, I'm going to get a nitrous tank rigged up.

Reactions: polerad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My V90 Ocean Race has both, supercharger to compensate for turbo lag. Just wanted to know if anyone add specifics for recommendations. Not interested in rude opinions.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Sorry if I offended... 'Was trying to be humorous as, of course, nothing like these things applies to the electric motors of an EV. I suppose someone will try to hack the software to eek out a bit more response from the motors, but it's just not anything like an internal combustion engine.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Basically @rwilck, you've come to the wrong place. This is a forum for Polestar the brand, not Volvo or even Volvo "polestar" or "polestar engineered" editions. I suggest you find a volvo forum such as:

Volvo Forums - Powered by vBulletin (UK focused)
Swedespeed (USA Focused)

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have some experience of turbo charging.

Usual routes to more power are similar for all ICE.
  • The car is heavily boosted you could get a more efficient intercooler
  • Upgrade turbo to a hybrid turbo for faster spool times
  • Increase supercharger pulley size to create more flow.
  • reduce exhaust back pressure, high flow Cats etc.

Not sure about the US spec V90 but in Europe it is a 2.0 litre engine iirc producing lots >300 bhp. I don't think there will be a huge amount left to come without significant internal spend on the engine (rods, pistons, crank, head work, cams) and make it less useful as a daily driver.

You would need to make sure fuel system can support more power, so injector sizing for the power you want and the fuel pump. Also, you will likely need to re-map to make the most of it all. The car will adapt for some of the mods but only so far before it throws a check engine light.

As suggested, try some forums that are dedicated to your vehicle. As you found out we are a bunch of electric car converts and therefore intensely boring !!!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Thanks everyone - I think @rwilck just ended up in the wrong place! :)

It's a sign of what great people we have on this forum though that really knowledgeable suggestions have been put forward as well. Clever people on here (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts