Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car and Driver recently reviewed V60 T8 Polestar Engineered and they had a lot of good things to say about the sporty wagon.

Here's a snippet of the full review.

While the intention here was to make a fun-to-drive, performance-oriented car, the V60 T8 Polestar is refined enough to drive to the office every day or for puttering around on errands. In the Comfort driving mode, the uneven power delivery is subdued and the throttle response isn't as immediate. The ride is definitely firm, so firm it'll likely wake sleeping children, but if they're awake they can watch you fiddle with the dampers to improve the ride, something you can't do in the softer non-Polestar V60.

Volvo and Polestar have created a performance car with the practicality of a wagon and the potential efficiency of an EV, if only for 22 miles. We are thrilled it exists. Volvo could have easily just limited the T8 Polestar treatment to the XC60, but they didn't. They also gave it to this gorgeous wagon.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hard to tell given the Polestar is a different car, but it might be a bit firm. I'm still a bit concerned about having to sign a contract before even seeing or test driving the car.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hard to tell given the Polestar is a different car, but it might be a bit firm. I'm still a bit concerned about having to sign a contract before even seeing or test driving the car.
Which Polestar are you planning on getting?

·
Registered
99 Posts
KeyMajor, I did have a deposit down on a white with the dark gray interior, but decided against it. In NY and other areas, many Jaguar dealers are offering a $20,000 discount on brand new I-Paces. I test drove one and my wife & I fell in love with it. Very luxurious interior and essentially the same price I was paying for the Polestar. As with Polestar, I also get the $7,500 tax credit.

There were too many 'ifs' with the Polestar for my liking. It turns out they'll only have 1 sales location in the entire state of NY and that's in Manhattan. Not a great place for a test drive and with doubt still surrounding who will service the car, I was getting very nervous. Let's face it, they'll be selling very few Polestars and they won't feel a need for many service centers. So who knows where they'll be. Polestar in Sweden told me they will be serviced exclusively by Polestar service centers that they'll be constructing. Then I read some articles that certain Volvo dealerships will service them. I called Sweden again and they told me no, they will not be serviced by Volvo. So again, more doubt.

For me this was absolutely the right move. I took delivery of the I-Pace on Thursday and absolutely love it. I'm sure the Polestar will be a great car, but I didn't want to deal with all the questions and after driving the I-Pace it was a done deal. The dealer even gave me more for my trade than I asked. That was a first.

Finally, to be honest, I also felt guilty about buying a car built in China with all that's going on around the world. I didn't even tell my wife where it was made until I decided against it. She said she wouldn't be happy knowing it was made in China.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts