Polestar Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
December is a big month for anyone that ordered a Mach-E as the very first U.S. deliveries are underway!

At least one person so far had the keys handed over!

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
This is very exciting. The Mach-E might be even bigger competition for Tesla than the P2. Ford certainly knows how to make cars as well as Volvo, they have a significant dealer network in place, and the price point is a lot more palatable for the average joe.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,568 Posts
This is very exciting. The Mach-E might be even bigger competition for Tesla than the P2. Ford certainly knows how to make cars as well as Volvo, they have a significant dealer network in place, and the price point is a lot more palatable for the average joe.
yeah. I do think it’s a good and direct competitor for the Model Y and, while not for my tastes, could definitely see how folks would cross shop it and the Polestar 2. If you want a crossover like thing that’s an EV I think it’s a better value proposition than the XC40 given the range. And I think it looks better in and out compared to the Model Y.

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
301 Posts
Yup, my P2 order is on pause and I have a deposit on a Premium, ER AWD Mach-E. I need a car in April, will decide then.
Let us know what you decide. The Mach E has really caught my eye lately and with a bigger truck and longer range at a lower price it is a serious contender. I have reached out to my local Ford dealer to let me know when they expect to have the car available and especially the performance version.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,568 Posts
what tires come with the MachE?

Looks like skinnier tires than the Polestar and lower ground clearance too. Makes me wonder re winter readiness of it?

though apparently its app is ready and apparently can do remote start for preconditioning both the cabin and battery...

·
Registered
463 Posts
Let us know what you decide. The Mach E has really caught my eye lately and with a bigger truck and longer range at a lower price it is a serious contender. I have reached out to my local Ford dealer to let me know when they expect to have the car available and especially the performance version.
Cheaper ? Did you get a special deal for the mach-e ? In the online configuration the ER AWD (which is similar to P2 basic spec) is 71500 which is same as P2 ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
In Quebec we get a $8K subsidy on the Premium and Select Mach-E but nothing on the Polestar. But, if you fully finance both up to 6 years, the .9% offered by Polestar evens things out and the monthly payment is within a few $ from the Ford where financing is @ 2.99%.

·
Registered
463 Posts
In Quebec we get a $8K subsidy on the Premium and Select Mach-E but nothing on the Polestar. But, if you fully finance both up to 6 years, the .9% offered by Polestar evens things out and the monthly payment is within a few $ from the Ford where financing is @ 2.99%.
Ah.... in BC we get nothing - helas. That explains why for you guys the Mach-e is a better deal compared to the P2. Happy 2021 🥁🎉

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
301 Posts
Cheaper ? Did you get a special deal for the mach-e ? In the online configuration the ER AWD (which is similar to P2 basic spec) is 71500 which is same as P2 ?
I get $71,245 for the AWD with extended battery . Even with taxes over 72 months it's about $1150 per month. I'm sitting at about $1350 monthly for the P2, PP with hitch and all other options. 200K 72 month warranty. It's not an apples to apples comparison but what I'm trying to figure out is if the Mach E will provide a commuter car and family vehicle. I really like the trunk space.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I think the Standard Range RWD is a good value car.

You lose the glass roof and 360cameras.... But apart from that the other features lost are minimal.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
Not sure I agree that Ford build as good quality cars as Volvo - that's definitely not the case in the comparable cars we get in the UK! The couple of early reviews I've seen online show pretty flimsy build quality inside. However I'll reserve judgement until we've had some real, proper, in-depth reviews rather than just "Here's 10 minutes driving it round a test track". For me the looks are very ungainly, at least online; it looks like someone took a proper Mustang, and then ran a truck/lorry into the back of it and squashed it a couple of feet shorter! I do look forward to seeing one in the flesh though as that's the only time you can really get a sense of whether the design language on a car really works. (And of course these are just my opinions which are worth several cents less than $0.02.)

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
Not sure I agree that Ford build as good quality cars as Volvo - that's definitely not the case in the comparable cars we get in the UK!
I don't completely disagree. My comment was intended in a broader sense. Unlike Tesla, Ford has been in this business over 100 years and knows how to make the car portion very well. I don't expect Ford roofs to be flying off 🙂. As for specific quality levels, that's a management decision at Ford. They are certainly capable of producing high quality products.

·
Registered
182 Posts
For those who are interested. This guy does a lot of great technical videos.

Reactions: rgledhill
1 - 19 of 19 Posts