Polestar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mercedes-Benz is the latest automaker to make a grab for the title of the longest-range electric vehicle with the reveal of the Vision EQXX, a solar-powered concept car capable of exceeding 1,000 kilometers (648 miles) on a single charge.
This is enough for Vision EQXX to go from New York City to Cincinnati, or Berlin to Paris, or Beijing to Nanjing, on a single charge. Compared with other long-range electric vehicles currently on the road, it is impressive, such as Lucid Air (520 miles) and Tesla Model S Long Range Plus (402 miles).

· Registered
3,357 Posts
1000km in Mercedes is same as 550km in Polestar 2.. Need realistic test, not just announcing.
I agree that it needs to be tested rather than announced but this is what all car companies are doing to grab headlines.

The key Difference between the Polestar and MB EQXX is the car being born in a wind tunnel and more aerodynamic than any other vehicle on the planet at present. It’s using the latest battery technology which are lighter and more efficient than the P2. The car has been developed by 3 Mercedes Benz divisions, MB MBF1 and MB Formula E with the later 2 having years of experience working with Electric and Hybrid vehicles in motorsport.

The P2 does get close to 550km, I’ve been averaging 24kwh per 100 miles which is just over 300 miles.

· Registered
107 Posts
I agree that it needs to be tested rather than announced but this is what all car companies are doing to grab headlines.

The key Difference between the Polestar and MB EQXX is the car being born in a wind tunnel and more aerodynamic than any other vehicle on the planet at present. It’s using the latest battery technology which are lighter and more efficient than the P2. The car has been developed by 3 Mercedes Benz divisions, MB MBF1 and MB Formula E with the later 2 having years of experience working with Electric and Hybrid vehicles in motorsport.

The P2 does get close to 550km, I’ve been averaging 24kwh per 100 miles which is just over 300 miles.
But the price will be triple as Polestar 2 ;)

· Registered
3,357 Posts
The price of top spec EQS is already triple of the price of top spec P2. I'd say EQXX would be 5 or 6 times the price of P2 IF they actually made it (which they likely won't).
I agree for MB this is just a technology demonstrator just like they do at other car shows with their concepts. They will use elements of it for the main production cars. The drivetrain and battery packs will be used for future models for sure and maybe even the chassis for a sports EV or something. The entire package though as is will rarely make production.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.