Polestar Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OTA installed this afternoon, and synced my iPhone app to the car to use the digital key (working). However, remote locking/unlocking and climate initialization are not working.

Release notes indicate that:
"After the software update is installed in the car, it can take up to 36 hours before the mobile remote functions can be used."

So, has anyone gotten the OTA update (or workshop update), updated the iOS or Android app, AND been able to get the mobile remote functions working yet? Hoping this 36h delay is pessimistic on the part of Polestar.

·
Registered
428 Posts
OTA installed this afternoon, and synced my iPhone app to the car to use the digital key (working). However, remote locking/unlocking and climate initialization are not working.

"After the software update is installed in the car, it can take up to 36 hours before the mobile remote functions can be used."

So, has anyone gotten the OTA update (or workshop update), updated the iOS or Android app, AND been able to get the mobile remote functions working yet? Hoping this 36h delay is pessimistic on the part of Polestar.
Nope same. Got OTA successfully installed, app is running / phone paired / connect authorized and I can see the battery SOC, but remote locking and climate control are greyed out on app with message "One or more functions are currently not available, We're working on fixing it."
The only difference with what you describe is that I can't use my phone as key yet. I need my key to get in. Your digital key is working - correct ?

·
Registered
566 Posts

I have to say I have seen that 36 hours mentioned a few times, no idea what infrastructure they are using and what cloud they are using - insane!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have to say I have seen that 36 hours mentioned a few times, no idea what infrastructure they are using and what cloud they are using - insane!!!
It's nothing to do with the infrastructure, nothing to do with any specific cloud. This is a design decision they've made at the application level. They could quite easily have a replication technology in place which would allow these sorts of things to be near instantaneous, they've made a decision not to. Why that decision was made I can't comment on.

·
Registered
566 Posts
It's nothing to do with the infrastructure, nothing to do with any specific cloud. This is a design decision they've made at the application level. They could quite easily have a replication technology in place which would allow these sorts of things to be near instantaneous, they've made a decision not to. Why that decision was made I can't comment on.
So I will take that as feedback, but where has that come from? I thought I read that the feedback was "it could take that long" which based on my experience infers an infrastructure element. Whatever the root cause (as that is what I see it as) it seems absolutely crazy and as far as I can see is just causing frustration.

·
Registered
Snow non-PP w/tow hook
93 Posts
So I will take that as feedback, but where has that come from? I thought I read that the feedback was "it could take that long" which based on my experience infers an infrastructure element. Whatever the root cause (as that is what I see it as) it seems absolutely crazy and as far as I can see is just causing frustration.
There's no infra reason that'd be the case, the most logical reason I can think of off the cuff is that they have a scheduled task that only runs every 36 hours.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Infra that isn't capable of dealing with the large volume for instance? a 36 hour batch window seems equally insane?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine worked after less than 24 hours. BUT - it is very clearly something that they're provisioning server-side. For sure not wanting to overwhelm their infrastructure with a sudden influx of requests. NOT cloud bandwidth related... It's very beta btw. So the key works 20% of the time, all the time.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
535 Posts
Same here. Everything installed/paired ok. It shows the charge status and current locked status etc just fine, but the remote locking and climate activation don't work.

·
Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
38 Posts
Same here. Everything installed/paired ok. It shows the charge status and current locked status etc just fine, but the remove locking and climate activation don't work.
There's no consistency at all. Installed mine today and the remote locking and climate worked straight away :unsure:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts