Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know all these have been covered before but for the last couple of days I have had no 4G or GPS so this morning I contacted CS and good old Katie replied:

Good morning Mike,

Hope you're well, thank you for getting in touch. 4G issues are ongoing at the moment, we are in talks with our supplier to improve it and by the sounds of things the stability of the network is coming over the next couple of weeks. With regards to our previous discussion on the owners manual. Technical have stated they are aware of the problem and for now have supported taking the following steps as a temporary resolve.
  • Go to the Google Playstore on your infotainment system
  • Select the three dots in the top right corner and then "My Apps"
  • Select "Installed Apps" and locate the "Android System Webview" application
  • Open the app and click "Uninstall" which will uninstall the apps latest update.
  • Return to your main screen and open your Owners Manual
Please monitor your connectivity services over the next week and let me know if there are any changes. We can get you booked in at the dealer to have your connectivity component reset, but while there are underlying issues with the network it isn't guaranteed it'll resolve the issue fully.

Sorry I cannot provide more help with this currently, but keep an eye on the support section of the Polestar website as they are trying to address these issues quickly.

Thank you
Katie
Polestar Team

My problem is that without 4G I cannot get into the Apps in Google Playstore but the above info may help others with the Manual.
I am waiting to hear about the GPS and whether it is connected with the 4G issues.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
That will fix the "blank manual" problem, but as soon as you have 4G or wifi access, it will put the Webview update back on again!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That will fix the "blank manual" problem, but as soon as you have 4G or wifi access, it will put the Webview update back on again!
I guess if you need to look at the manual whilst you are in the car it enables you to do so as a one off.
It is the 4G and GPS which is more of a problem though. Better dust off the old TomTom!
I tried using my Samsung S9 internet connection via bluetooth last night but that didn't work either!
Using S9 as mobile hotspot didn't either so no way to download anything at the moment. I have a feeling a trip to Marshall Volvo Leeds is on the cards.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Frustratingly, it does sound like it :(

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Katie has booked me in for next Thursday 28th at Leeds for a reset.
She also mentioned when she phoned that she has just heard from Technical that they have expanded the network so as from yesterday/today 4G should be better. She has been told to notify Polestar of cars which still have a 4G problem after this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts