·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
Strange.

·
Registered
Midnight Charcoal 20” nonPP waiting for delivery date
132 Posts
Interesting! That definitely sounds like "We know we have a problem so how can we put in a fallback hard reset? Let's put it on a button they won't normally hold down." And to be honest, that's an excellent idea. It's like my Sony phone very occasionally seizes up for no reason, and Sony had the foresight to make it such that if I hold down Volume Up and the Power button for 5s, it does a hard reset, built into the electronics not the software. It has rescued the phone every single time it happens, without fail. As you can't remove the battery, the phone would otherwise have been bricked.

So well done Polestar for putting this in while they gather informatioin as to the real cause. It does further make the argument that EVs are just computers with motors though, doesn't it!?
the fact that CS seems to suggest closing all the windows and turning it off and on again (walk away fo five mins) seems very familiar....... has any one seen a BSOD yet?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,010 Posts
Unlikely on an Android system ;)

I wonder if switching the profile causes it to internally do a reset and restart of some subsystems within the software, maybe including the communications stack that deals with the 4G connection?

</geek>

·
Registered
15 Posts
can you confirm that you have turned the data off restarted the system and then turned the data back on?

That worked for me today

·
Registered
2 Posts
I lost all my connectivity over the weekend sometime. Just an empty grey triangle. No amount of turning the mobile data off, rebooting, turning it on, switching profiles, having the car charging etc. makes any difference. Wi-fi shows a saved home guest SSID but won't connect to it. I've just logged a support ticket with Polestar - will see what they come back with. Everything had been OK since delivery at the end of January......

181 - 186 of 186 Posts