Polestar Forum banner

81 - 100 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
2021 2
1,331 Posts
Agreed---I did a 12V disconnect to no avail. Polestar CS is willing to ship my car back to California for repairs, but I'm unwilling to do this for a number of reasons right now: (1) small issue relative to losing the car for weeks, (2) huge carbon footprint to ship it 2500 miles round-trip, and (3) uncertainty on my part that they actually have a permanent known fix.

I think I will live with it for a few weeks to see if Polestar can make any progress on understanding the issue. I am also going to ask to have a Polestar service tech call me to discuss what they do and don't know about this issue. I'll report back with any news.
I’d be happy to check with Volvo Palo Alto in person to ferret out 3) but I suspect you’re right.
the folks here are either Polestar folks already on a skeleton crew trying to make this all happen. Or they’re Volvo folks working on BEVs for the first time for a model that’s not technically theirs. A 12V disconnect and reconnect could be the solution but doesn’t seem worth a 2500mi round trip. Maybe hold off until when theXC40 come in and folks get more familiar with the system, or after the next software update comes through.

·
Registered
519 Posts
What is frustrating is the lack of updates on this issue. The last message on the website was posted in November and their temporary fix of tethering is now impossible.
Update: Alane is working to set up a phone call between me and a Polestar engineer to discuss the hollow-triangle 4G problem and possible fixes. Alane seems to suggest that there is a known fix. We'll see. I will post updates.

·
Registered
559 Posts
It would assume that all PS are connected through a VPN to Polestar/Volvo servers serving as a central firewall and gateway to the hostile internet to protect the car from attacks.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Back to UK problems with 4g connection. I have had the white display with a cross often over the last couple of weeks or so. But today it was totally blank. PS support have told me that this is a Volvo and Polestar problem which has been highlighted as a priority. Will wait patiently for resolution. 9😌

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
First time since the day after delivery I've not had 4G

Worked flawlessly since November, all over Xmas, and on the few trips out since then.

But today I tired everything and could not get it to come back.

The X of 4G has arrived!

·
Registered
519 Posts

Worked flawlessly since November, all over Xmas, and on the few trips out since then.

The X of 4G has arrived!
Interesting that some of us are getting the hollow triangle and some are getting the x.

·
Registered
214 Posts

The X of 4G has arrived!
Does make you wonder if they have paid their bill!

·
Registered
127 Posts
This is possibly linked in with the rollout of OTA updates my 4G was solid till they announced they were rolling out OTA.

WiFi issues is a separate problem I suspect.
but who knows, let just hope they fix this soon.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Does anyone reliably get 4G connectivity every time they use their car? I reckon I have full or near-full 4G signal with an ‘x’ about half the time I start the car... and (I think?) almost every time I start it straight after charging. Sometimes connectivity comes back during the journey, sometimes it doesn’t come back until the car has been left to fully power down. Frankly, it’s getting ridiculous.

Resetting the infotainment system has no effect. Latest patches and software updates all installed.

I know others are also experiencing problems with this. Is it near-universal, or are some of you happily connecting on every trip?
Same problem it only seems to work 50% of the time with my new PS2..

·
Registered
135 Posts
Also worsening 4G x issue for me (had been ok more than not until after Xmas) and back to the forum for any tips and I see I’m far from alone... how frustrating. CS suggest booking it in but I know what’s simply a waste of time right now.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Also worsening 4G x issue for me (had been ok more than not until after Xmas) and back to the forum for any tips and I see I’m far from alone... how frustrating. CS suggest booking it in but I know what’s simply a waste of time right now.
It is .... there is no reason it would be working fine one minute then not working the next. The first time this happened a short drive sorted this out, this time I tried a big drive, resetting the system, turning off/on the 4G, and a number of other "solutions". I'm not even going to report this to Polestar ... if in a few days it's the same I'll report, but I agree pointless to take into the service centre without a global solution.

·
Registered
280 Posts
yes, me too. works about 10% of the time since end of last year. Whatever "fix" they did at end of November according to the PS FAQ page has not fixed or improved mine, it's worse.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the white icon + x problem as well. Worked perfectly since delivery in november but seems to have broken down last week.

Quite annoying. Any updates from polestar or is it still useful to report?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Having the white icon + x problem as well. Worked perfectly since delivery in november but seems to have broken down last week.

Quite annoying. Any updates from polestar or is it still useful to report?
I've just cancelled my appointment 'for temporary fix' at local Volvo after having on-off-on-off with 4G and WiFi. 2 days ago it all came back on, including the never before (for me) seen hot-spot tethering. Stayed on ever since, and locked back to 4G after being in known poor signal areas.

CS confirmed that PS are still working on a fix, so like a few others here I think the garage would just be trying to cash in their lottery numbers too.

I'll leave it until there is a definite solution, but still good to raise a case with CS. The more the better.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,523 Posts
This will all be fixed mysteriously and behind the scenes. Going to a dealer is pointless, Polestar just need to get this sorted with T-Mobile and it'll all suddenly spring into life again. (With the possible exceptions of people who've only ever had an empty triangle.)

·
Registered
519 Posts
(With the possible exceptions of people who've only ever had an empty triangle.)
So you have hope for people like me who once had reliable 4G but now have the empty triangle? Hoping that will be the case...

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
1,523 Posts
I'm hopeful - unless something's physically broken in the module, it's probably that the eSIM inside the module has for some reason gone invalid on the cellular network. Could be either unfortunately. Fingers crossed for you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Your post @rgledhill reminded me of a situation a few years ago at my work. We had an intermittent loss of phone lines - sometimes in the middle of calls. The ultimate cause was a restrictions on "lines" and with a new department moving in, no additional lines had been leased and the phone system (excuse the non technical detail) was automatically rationing the line availability but on an entirely random basis. Parallel with Polestar? Lots of new deliveries over November and December - hopefully they have paid the bill for them all to be connected?

81 - 100 of 156 Posts