278 Posts
And on the UK page too

Note: it is not available if you've leased your Polestar - yet

And best of all you'll get new stickers 😂

·
Registered
Polestar 2
278 Posts
Also only available for the DM version :cry: - us SM losers are going to have to wait for our turn by the looks of it :LOL:

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
£975 in the UK

That's a really bad exchange rate for a software patch!

Font Material property Screenshot Parallel Number

And two sticker's that will go in the BIN

·
Registered
Polestar 2
278 Posts
£975 in the UK

That's a really bad exchange rate for a software patch!

View attachment 8923

And two sticker's that will go in the BIN
I'm blaming Brexit for that :LOL: - and I've already claimed first dibs in the other thread for unwanted stickers, I'll have 'em :)

·
Registered
On order; Polestar 2 SRSM, Plus, Magensium, Slate
126 Posts
Definitely in the ‘ashtray on a motorbike’ category!

I’m sure some will consider it essential though.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,328 Posts
Hmm... it fixes my only performance concern with the car which is that acceleration tails away quite a lot above 50mph, which is right where you need it for overtaking on B and A roads. But £975 is a lot of money... :unsure::unsure:

If it's a manufacturer-backed performance upgrade and you tell the insurer it's a software update to increase performance, most insurers will probably just accept it, but some might be awkward. Worth checking before you purchase, certainly.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
I'm blaming Brexit for that :LOL: - and I've already claimed first dibs in the other thread for unwanted stickers, I'll have 'em :)
Yeah that £840 (ish) to £975 increase must be the import tax on the Stickers!

On the one hand I'm like "oh more POWWWWWERRRRR .... "

And on the other hand I'm like "£975 you can go jump of a cliff! That's nuts for something you'll probably never notice"

Also the fact this isn't standard in the "Performance Pack" when buying a new car is nuts! (Or even as another optional extra)

Reactions: Fishouttawater

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
Checked with LV and all good. Chat transcript:

( 1s ) Chat Agent: Hi, my name is Leigh, how can I help today?
( 51s ) Richard: Hi Leigh! The manufacturer of my car, Polestar (reg OV70xxx) has just made available a software update which increases the power of the car. Do you need to do anything other than make a note of it on your file? It's a manufacturer update, not a third-party increase in power. Thank you
( 1m 14s ) Chat Agent: If this is a standard manufacturer update we wouldn't need to be made aware of this
( 1m 45s ) Richard: It is a cost option so I will buy it as an approved update from the manufacturer. Is that ok?
( 2m 4s ) Chat Agent: Yes that's correct, we wouldn't need to be made aware of this
( 3m 6s ) Richard: Perfect. That's all I needed to know! Thank you so much for your help. Can I have a copy of this conversation please? Thanks
( 3m 15s ) Chat Agent: Sure, this will be with you shortly via email. You're welcome, have a lovely day :)

·
Super Moderator
3,328 Posts
So... happy early Christmas present to me 🎁:D Wonder how long it'll take before it becomes available in the car...

However I can hear lots of gnashings of teeth from lease car owners...

·
Registered
10 Posts
So 5K for the "Performance Pack" doesn't even get you the extra performance software, this is a kick in the face by Polestar IMO. Tesla upgraded the performance on their Model 3's for free, it's a sad sign that on a luxury car we are going to be nickel and dimed for extras when they haven't even got the core functionality working reliably.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So 5K for the "Performance Pack" doesn't even get you the extra performance software, this is a kick in the face by Polestar IMO. Tesla upgraded the performance on their Model 3's for free, it's a sad sign that on a luxury car we are going to be nickel and dimed for extras when they haven't even got the core functionality working reliably.
Tesla have been charging for the upgrades in the past few years - it was only some of the very first that were free.

They charged for the similar upgrade $2000 for about half a second improvement. Roughly the same as the Polestar.

Make your Model 3 quicker with this option from Tesla | EVANNEX Aftermarket Tesla Accessories

1 - 20 of 706 Posts