Polestar Forum banner
481 - 500 of 581 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
My view - if I could get a refund, would I? No, I'd keep it. No buyer's remorse here.

Regardless of the actual power or the numbers, this brings the 'driving sensation' closer to that of the I-Pace that I came from. Whilst the numbers of the I-Pace and Polestar matched, the Jag always felt to me like it had more ooomph, and that's something I now get with the PS, though whether that's down to the extra power or just the remapping, I don't know.

I was driving my wife yesterday, who isn't aware of the upgrade (and pray to God it stays that way!), and within minutes she commented that the car felt more 'alive' - and that was without flooring it.

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2 / Snow / Barley Nappa / Plus & Pilot Packs / Performance Pack / Trunk Mat / Towbar
113 Posts
So for me, at the moment, I wish I'd not spent the cash. The improved reaction on the throttle pedal is nice but really is a placebo as it just makes you think the car's faster when it's not, you just need less of a prod on the accelerator to make it go. And beyond 45mph... yes, it does carry on pulling hard, but you're at the speed limit on an A road another second later and only gain max 0.5s. If I'd tested them back to back, I would have decided against spending the money.

The acid test - if P1.8 goes on and wipes out this upgrade, would I notice? Probably not!
I am struggling with this? 50kW or 67HP should definitely be a noticeable difference. It will be interesting to see some real world tests or a side by side of a 300kW vs. 350kW car. That will be the only conclusive way to tell what your $$$ gets you. I want proof..show me those time slips!!! ;)

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I lease through a salary sacrifice arrangement so I contacted the leasing company to ask for permission hoping that they could get Polestar to enable the option in the webshop for me.

They have no problem with me upgrading but have no way to tell Polestar that they have given their permission so I can't upgrade yet.

They did contact Polestar directly and the response is that they are working on updating the fleet management system to allow lease companies and employers to enable the option in the future. Until then there is no workaround as the upgrade can not be installed offline so looks like I have to wait until then 😞
Not having a great understanding of the lease arrangements with salary sacrifice, I wonder why the lease company wouldn't be thrilled with you purchasing it. They bought the car and rented it to you. When you are done they have an asset to dispose of. If you've added value to that asset they should be really happy because they can get more for the car when they dispose of it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My view - if I could get a refund, would I? No, I'd keep it. No buyer's remorse here.

Regardless of the actual power or the numbers, this brings the 'driving sensation' closer to that of the I-Pace that I came from. Whilst the numbers of the I-Pace and Polestar matched, the Jag always felt to me like it had more ooomph, and that's something I now get with the PS, though whether that's down to the extra power or just the remapping, I don't know.

I was driving my wife yesterday, who isn't aware of the upgrade (and pray to God it stays that way!), and within minutes she commented that the car felt more 'alive' - and that was without flooring it.
Won't your wife notice the new stickers and grill badge? 😂

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am struggling with this? 50kW or 67HP should definitely be a noticeable difference. It will be interesting to see some real world tests or a side by side of a 300kW vs. 350kW car. That will be the only conclusive way to tell what your $$$ gets you. I want proof..show me those time slips!!! ;)
Its not like an ICE, you are only really gaining 20Nm of peak torque for a few more revs. Power is torque X angular velocity. That is why it doesn't feel so much different until 44mph. Between 44mph and and ~52mph you get a pretty significant boost over standard. Above 52 to run out you enjoy about 100Nm more torque than standard. That should feel quite different for overtaking.

I still might - but the feedback so far is kind of what I feared. Great first time and then you get used to it.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2 350kW, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
3,275 Posts
To be fair, I've done no more than drive up and down a damp road a bit so far. I'll have a more balanced view once I've done a few more, longer trips and will report back then.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I'm going to say what nobody is saying out loud... One reason to get this is to quietly smile knowing that you have it...
Actually I'd say it's because you'd be driving around knowing you DIDN'T have it that would drive me mad. 😂

·
Registered
12 Posts
To be fair, I've done no more than drive up and down a damp road a bit so far. I'll have a more balanced view once I've done a few more, longer trips and will report back then.
We need someone to do a proper test on dry roads at a warmer temperature with summer tires. Even if I had the upgrade now, it would be impossible for me to properly test it until spring.

So, assuming it is available, I won't be upgrading until I out my summer tires back on and I'll do some testing before and after the upgrade either with a dragy or have the car dynod.

481 - 500 of 581 Posts