·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it will be a great car. It doesn't give me buyer's regret, but it will be a good choice for many.
Me neither ... the Launch edition is due for deliver starting in Summer this year with a limited 4000 across the EU. Then 2022 will be the real mass launch of the more customisable options like FWD only (which will have the better range), and then the smaller battery packs. Then in 2023 I'll be able to exchange the Polestar for one ... and hopefully by then all the 12V issues will be sorted. :p

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,640 Posts
I think it looks great, second only to the Polestar for the current crop of EVs in my largely irrelevant opinion. I can quite see me swapping to one in 3 years time or whenever I tire of the hard ride, assuming there are more relaxing options in the Ioniq 5. But they do need to have sorted their long-running 12V issues that still plague the Kona and e-Niro.

·
Super Moderator
1,228 Posts
Agree - it should be a great option. Looks pretty cool... It does have very strong Audi A3 vibes from certain angles though.

You have to admit though that the video was 11:02 of complete guff. I've never listened to as much utter waffle in one video before.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree - it should be a great option. Looks pretty cool... It does have very strong Audi A3 vibes from certain angles though.

You have to admit though that the video was 11:02 of complete guff. I've never listened to as much utter waffle in one video before.
You must have missed the Jaguar announcement ...

Anyway I like the look ... it's always a gamble going off-script, you'll end up hating it or loving it - but the people that love it really love it's uniqueness.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
354 Posts
Looking at the specs, it looks like a very good car, especially for those young people who are considering buying their first car due to getting kids/dogs/homesick etc. I know many people in my social circle who would jump at it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Sorry. I think it is pig ugly and the interior is awful. I will hold out for the new EV Macan. Finger's crossed that Porsche don't stray too far from their norm with the Macan. They didn't screw up the Taycan IMHO so hopefully all will be well with the Macan

·
Registered
2021 2
2,337 Posts
I've never listened to as much utter waffle in one video before.
You clearly haven’t spent enough time on YouTube lately

Looking at the specs, it looks like a very good car, especially for those young people who are considering buying their first car due to getting kids/dogs/homesick etc. I know many people in my social circle who would jump at it.
45k GBP doesn’t strike me as “young family starting out” territory. It’s only 5k off of the Polestar which is considered to be fairly expensive

The design comes across like they’re trying too hard. Going for futuristic and pushing the envelope but ending up with a discombobulated mess IMO. Hopefully the regular Hyundai, Kia and Genesis versions on the same platform look better with similar specs.

·
Registered
494 Posts
I think the main advantage is that it already looks like someone has crashed into the side, so you won't need to worry about supermarket car parks.
I had exactly the same thought looking at the video/pics. Some say ugly, which might be a bit harsh , but not sure whether that crease would ever be a grower. It's all personal taste though isn't it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think it looks great, second only to the Polestar for the current crop of EVs in my largely irrelevant opinion. I can quite see me swapping to one in 3 years time or whenever I tire of the hard ride, assuming there are more relaxing options in the Ioniq 5. But they do need to have sorted their long-running 12V issues that still plague the Kona and e-Niro.
Why not drop a few clicks of the dampers to soften the ride?

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July? August? vin 26xxx
394 Posts
You clearly haven’t spent enough time on YouTube lately

45k GBP doesn’t strike me as “young family starting out” territory. It’s only 5k off of the Polestar which is considered to be fairly expensive

The design comes across like they’re trying too hard. Going for futuristic and pushing the envelope but ending up with a discombobulated mess IMO. Hopefully the regular Hyundai, Kia and Genesis versions on the same platform look better with similar specs.
Yeah I had a Nissan EXA turbo in the eighties. Was a love hate car

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Young ... no.

Middle Aged ... left it to 35+ to have kids, then yeah.

Akkchualllly, it's only 653.4 V 🤓
Source: their official spec sheet in Norway (https://s7g10.scene7.com/is/content/hyundaiautoever/IONIQ+5+Project+45pdf)
Nerd! 🤓

Actually I love all that nerdy tech stuff, so crack on ;-)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,640 Posts
Why not drop a few clicks of the dampers to soften the ride?
Because I don't have the PP car, specifically so I could have a softer ride!

·
Registered
494 Posts
Because I don't have the PP car, specifically so I could have a softer ride!
Maybe we've all got adjustable dampers? (and Brembo calipers). They just spray the calipers and the seat belts and valve caps gold on the production line if you selected PP. Hmm, I might go out and check and have a closer inspection

·
Registered
2021 2
2,337 Posts
Maybe we've all got adjustable dampers? (and Brembo calipers). They just spray the calipers and the seat belts and valve caps gold on the production line if you selected PP. Hmm, I might go out and check and have a closer inspection
Yeah but you need to wait for the OTA update for increased caliper dimension

1 - 20 of 57 Posts