Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I dont currently use ABRP, wasn't too bothered about the interface and not doing enough long journeys to need the planning functionality... what's everyone else's thoughts over Google Maps?

·
Registered
886 Posts
I agree ABRP is a good idea but the user interface is awful. Google maps has a pretty good interface but not enough EV functionality for planning routes
Second that!

Reactions: BlueJay_101

·
Registered
2022 AWD Midnight w/ Pilot & Plus. Nappa Leather. X-Ice 19" for winter
58 Posts
Does anyone use premium? Watching Bjorn's video I think I saw you can send your routes to Google Maps from ABRP? I don't road trip a ton...yet anyway. We're planning a Seattle to Portland trip soon.

·
Registered
88 Posts
With our P2, doing a route with ABRP including stops for charging would not get the battery in warm condition for DC rapid charging, wouldn't it ? (Because the stops would not be planned in Google Maps, right ?)

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
712 Posts
With our P2, doing a route with ABRP including stops for charging would not get the battery in warm condition for DC rapid charging, wouldn't it ? (Because the stops would not be planned in Google Maps, right ?)
Jup, only using GM will precondition your battery for charging.

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
So use ABRP for the planning but input the stops on GM?

·
Administrator
2,004 Posts
Does anyone use premium? Watching Bjorn's video I think I saw you can send your routes to Google Maps from ABRP?
You don't need premium for that, but GM (or better its API) is limited to receiving one POI only so you can only transfer the next stop planned in ABRP.

So use ABRP for the planning on your PC, open the trip in the car an transfer your stops one by one.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Does anyone use premium? Watching Bjorn's video I think I saw you can send your routes to Google Maps from ABRP? I don't road trip a ton...yet anyway. We're planning a Seattle to Portland trip soon.
You can do it on standard as well just use the share button

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
You don't need premium for that, but GM (or better its API) is limited to receiving one POI only so you can only transfer the next stop planned in ABRP.

So use ABRP for the planning on your PC, open the trip in the car an transfer your stops one by one.
Sorry is that the same for the desktop version?

·
Administrator
2,004 Posts
Sorry is that the same for the desktop version?
The desktop (and smartphone) version can transfer a multi-stop route. It's a limitation of GM on AAOS.

·
Registered
686 Posts
I might have to start using it again, since I'm still a premium user, so I can make use of the satellite view that Google has held back on Google Maps.

·
Registered
133 Posts
ABRP only works in the foreground on Polestar so anything other than planning is unfortunately a non starter. I tried it for the trip “Driver journal “ that Polestar have failed to deliver which still states it’s to be delivered in 2021 on their website.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's definitely snappier than it used to be, and having a satellite view is pretty nice. (Now hurry up Google and make that a reality for GM in the screen and gauge cluster!)

Plant Output device Black Communication Device Map

·
Registered
752 Posts
No shade, but ABRP got a ton of hype from forum members, and then I just found myself using the BEV features built into Google Maps without too much of an issue. That said, I did find it really valuable for planning a trip with overnight stops to better account for starting and ending charge state, etc.

·
Registered
354 Posts
No shade, but ABRP got a ton of hype from forum members, and then I just found myself using the BEV features built into Google Maps without too much of an issue. That said, I did find it really valuable for planning a trip with overnight stops to better account for starting and ending charge state, etc.
It’s very helpful to plan. I find it’s much more useful away from the car on my iPad with its big screen. Then punch in the trip into GM. Wish there was a way to save planned routes in the GM app though.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
yep, I just use ABRP for planning trips - it is quite good for this. But in the car I just use Google to navigate to the next planned stop. Works much better. I have the ABRP app installed in the car, but I don't think I've used it in several months.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts