Polestar Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loving my P2. It looks cool, its comfortable and fast.
BUT, there are a few things that could be better and I am wondering if I am the only one running into these (minor) issues.

1. When using the interior brightness adjustment wheel the displays sometimes don't dim. it happens about 1 in 5 trips, on longer trips it might start working after a while.
2. when driving of a speedbump and the rear wheels role of the speed bump, ESP kicks in and acceleration is stopped (even gentle acceleration and speed below 10kmh).
3. when driving in snowy conditions and snow is cleared from the car, snow gets into the crease surrounding the panoramic roof and rattles when driving a bumpy snowy road.
4. When charging during a snowy night it is hard to cover the chargeport ( I have tried, but last night in windy conditions the cover was gone in the morning), did anyone have issues with snow in the chargeport, small amounts of water (molten snow) in the charge port. Will it cause problems when it starts freezing tonight)?

Maybe I am doing it wrong, and some of the issues can be avoided, Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
244 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 non PP in midnight
11 Posts
@1: You can only adjust the brightness in the dark. During the day with a lot of sun the brightness is always at max level.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I am loving my P2. It looks cool, its comfortable and fast.
BUT, there are a few things that could be better and I am wondering if I am the only one running into these (minor) issues.

1. When using the interior brightness adjustment wheel the displays sometimes don't dim. it happens about 1 in 5 trips, on longer trips it might start working after a while.
2. when driving of a speedbump and the rear wheels role of the speed bump, ESP kicks in and acceleration is stopped (even gentle acceleration and speed below 10kmh).
3. when driving in snowy conditions and snow is cleared from the car, snow gets into the crease surrounding the panoramic roof and rattles when driving a bumpy snowy road.
4. When charging during a snowy night it is hard to cover the chargeport ( I have tried, but last night in windy conditions the cover was gone in the morning), did anyone have issues with snow in the chargeport, small amounts of water (molten snow) in the charge port. Will it cause problems when it starts freezing tonight)?

Maybe I am doing it wrong, and some of the issues can be avoided, Thanks in advance !
It's snowed here twice this winter. Both times I was charging and the charging port was covered in snow. It didn't cause any problems.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I found today with our only snowfall of 2020/2021 I suspect that the cover wouldn’t shut because it was full of snow so I needed to clean it out before I could close it. I guess every eventuality can’t be catered for.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
I found today with our only snowfall of 2020/2021 I suspect that the cover wouldn’t shut because it was full of snow so I needed to clean it out before I could close it. I guess every eventuality can’t be catered for.
I was surprised it doesn’t even have a drain hole so water pools inside the cover.

My Audi has a drain hole complete with its own little flexible tube to drain the water under the car.

Typical German over engineering I suppose as a little water there is harmless.

·
Registered
Thunder ⚡ | Non-PP | 20" | Towbar | Damn good looking driver
57 Posts
@3: I have the same issue. It happens when the car flexes (Car-body counter twists between front and back). If there is a ice or snow in the crease between the panoramic roof and car-body this flexing makes a lot of noise.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
There is a drain hole somewhere. I found the drain hose when I had the wheel arch liner out to adjust the dampers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I was surprised it doesn’t even have a drain hole so water pools inside the cover.

My Audi has a drain hole complete with its own little flexible tube to drain the water under the car.

Typical German over engineering I suppose as a little water there is harmless.
Yep, same on our Audi...

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
Why do you think it wasn't done right? The plug itself is drained and kept dry. Agreed, two more holes in each recess would be nice, but necessary?

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
Why do you think it wasn't done right? The plug itself is drained and kept dry. Agreed, two more holes in each recess would be nice, but necessary?
In my view no, it wasn't done right, as the area that is sealed when the flap is closed retains water.

To clarify, I see three areas:
  • the inner one, just around the connectors, which has a small lip and is drained.
  • the middle one, which has a larger lip which seals against the door flap when closed, which is not drained.
  • the outer one, which I wouldn't expect to be drained as it's not meant to be sealed, and would probably clear by airflow when driving anyway.

If the intent is to keep the area sealed by the middle ring dry, I'd expect the whole area to be drained, not just a part of it.

It'd be trivial to do this by moving the drain hole outside the inner ring to the bottom of the middle one, and then introducing a hole or gap in the inner ring so it can drain on the middle one and then out of the car.

As it is right now, when the flap is open water accumulates in the middle ring, and when you close the flap and drive around it just sloshes around, with some getting drained eventually.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts