Polestar Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone received the EV rebate from the Light-Duty Motor Vehicle Purchase or Lease Incentive Program (LDPLIP) in the state of Texas in 2022?

It has been more two months since I submitted my application, and I still has not heard a word from them except an email acknowledgement of receiving my application.

For those who have received the EV rebate, how long does it take?

Any information would be much appreciated.

· Registered
21' P2 Pilot/Plus
240 Posts
My guess is you didn't make the cut. It was capped at 2,000 rebates and is currently at 2600 applicants. There was already a several hundred person waiting list when I looked into in May.

Here is the tally as of today-
Rectangle Font Parallel Electric blue Brand

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying. I just heard back from Robin at TERP and learned that it is a length process to get the award. It usually takes around 12-14 weeks to get the award. Fortunately, I made the cut as I submitted the application in late April.

There are two review processes. Once the second review is complete the application will move forward to the other departments for their approval. One of these departments is the Contract department where the contract will be created between the car owner and TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality). Once the contract has been drawn up, they will send an email letting us know that we have been awarded funds. 

· Registered
214 Posts
Thanks for replying. I just heard back from Robin at TERP and learned that it is a length process to get the award. It usually takes around 12-14 weeks to get the award. Fortunately, I made the cut as I submitted the application in late April.

There are two review processes. Once the second review is complete the application will move forward to the other departments for their approval. One of these departments is the Contract department where the contract will be created between the car owner and TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality). Once the contract has been drawn up, they will send an email letting us know that we have been awarded funds. 
I actually called TCEQ as well. The two year review process wouldn't be revisited until fall of 2023 as the previous was for 2021 and 2022 (closed app online), but that doesn't guarantee more funding to encourage the mass adoption of cleaner energy, mobility included.

I originally called to ask if the application process would 'reset' for the fiscal year 2023, which for government entities, is usually Oct 1 - Sept 30. Figured I could get ahead of it and be one of the first to apply for a new year. Alas.

Meanwhile- drill, baby, drill.

· Registered
97 Posts
I did get the rebate for Polestar. I submitted on Feb 2, 2022 and I received the check in the the first week of July. It is painfully slow process and I actually called them and told them that instead of wasting resources and time on double checking and triple checking the submissions, they can automate it like other states and use the saved money to fund more EVs. I am sure that would not make any difference but worth complaining if they really want any feedback.

Apparently, they don't realize that time and the resources are also money.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I did get the rebate for Polestar. I submitted on Feb 2, 2022 and I received the check in the the first week of July. It is painfully slow process and I actually called them and told them that instead of wasting resources and time on double checking and triple checking the submissions, they can automate it like other states and use the saved money to fund more EVs. I am sure that would not make any difference but worth complaining if they really want any feedback.

Apparently, they don't realize that time and the resources are also money.
Thanks so much for sharing the information. You are completely correct that it’s a waste of time and resources (i.e., taxpayer money) to triple check all these information.

I submitted mine in early May, and based on your timeline, I should probably wait until October to expect the check.

· Registered
LRDM, Pilot Plus
5 Posts
For what it’s worth now (e.g. if they renew the program next year), I submitted my LDPLIP reservation in April with an August delivery date (Polestar originally expected me to take delivery in May). They got back to me within about a week and gave me an expiration date of October 14. I finally got the VIN last week and hope to take delivery in September. TCEQ confirmed that if I submit my application by October 14, they would honor the reservation, but would not extend the deadline as a result of the popularity of the program. Bottom line: really extend your expected delivery date on future reservations.

· Registered
11 Posts
Update for everyone, I just received notification that my application was approved and that I will be receiving my rebate.
Initial deposit/order made for vehicle 4/28
Purchased/handover 6/3
Application submitted 6/29
Approval notification 11/9
Rebate check to arrive within 30 days, but may be up to 90 days due to high volume of applications.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update for everyone, I just received notification that my application was approved and that I will be receiving my rebate.
Purchased/handover 6/3
Application submitted 6/29
Approval notification 11/9
Rebate check to arrive within 30 days, but may be up to 90 days due to high volume of applications.
We are probably in the same batch of applications, as I just received the award notification email from them yesterday too. I submitted the application on May 2, though.

Hopefully our checks arrive within the 30-day time frame.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Kind of crazy that the P2 went from having $10k in rebates to ZERO in less than six months.
I know! I feel lucky that I pulled the trigger in late April. A related factor is that prices of used cars were still very high at the time, so I got a good price for the car that I sold before making this purchase in April. What a difference that six months make.

· Registered
11 Posts
We are probably in the same batch of applications, as I just received the award notification email from them yesterday too. I submitted the application on May 2, though.

Hopefully our checks arrive within the 30-day time frame.
Congrats! Funny timing, I emailed two days ago asking for an update and was told I should be hearing something in the next week. And then the very next day i get the approval.

· Registered
11 Posts
I know! I feel lucky that I pulled the trigger in late April. A related factor is that prices of used cars were still very high at the time, so I got a good price for the car in April that I sold to make this purchase. What a difference that six months make.
Exactly the same scenario with me. Yeah got lucky in that window, crazy how different it is now.

· Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats! Funny timing, I emailed two days ago asking for an update and was told I should be hearing something in the next week. And then the very next day i get the approval.
You got to be kidding me. I did the exact same thing--I email Robin on Tuesday and she told me to expect an email in the next week or so. Then boom, I got the award email on Wednesday.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts