Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is possibly a non-repeatable event, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this problem...

The other night I went out to pick up some shopping, and because the car was a bit low on charge I thought I'd stop to top up. It was about 5C outside and the car was cold when I left. I didn't use the pre heating because it was a spur of the moment choice to go out. The entire trip, while driving or parked, the climate heating didn't work. I tried everything I knew... restarted the tablet, left the car alone for a while, etc etc. No warm air, only cold, no matter whether on charge or simply stationary or driving. IT WAS FREEZING!! The blower worked, and was happy to supply cold air, with or without a/c. The seat and steering wheel heating worked fine thankfully!

The next day, just as I was about to call PSCS, the car acted as if nothing was untoward... full heating functionality has been restored.

Please please please someone tell me they have seen this, and there's an explanation?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,863 Posts
This is possibly a non-repeatable event, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has had this problem...

The other night I went out to pick up some shopping, and because the car was a bit low on charge I thought I'd stop to top up. It was about 5C outside and the car was cold when I left. I didn't use the pre heating because it was a spur of the moment choice to go out. The entire trip, while driving or parked, the climate heating didn't work. I tried everything I knew... restarted the tablet, left the car alone for a while, etc etc. No warm air, only cold, no matter whether on charge or simply stationary or driving. IT WAS FREEZING!! The blower worked, and was happy to supply cold air, with or without a/c. The seat and steering wheel heating worked fine thankfully!

The next day, just as I was about to call PSCS, the car acted as if nothing was untoward... full heating functionality has been restored.

Please please please someone tell me they have seen this, and there's an explanation?
I think it's haunted. Only logical explanation.

·
Registered
Non PP, Midnight, Load Bars
138 Posts
I have had this twice since the Android 10 update. Normally just turning the heater/fan to off then on fixes it. It has been raised with Polestar.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I don't have any recent updates and this happened to me once. It resolved itself and I haven't had the problem since.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had this twice since the Android 10 update. Normally just turning the heater/fan to off then on fixes it. It has been raised with Polestar.
Tried that too, but will again if the ghost ever reappears... 🙄

·
Registered
535 Posts
I had something similar a couple of months back on a few occasions (blowing cold air no matter where I set the temperature). I found that pressing and holding the Auto setting on the climate control page got it working. It sets everything back to default (22 degrees, A/C on, fan speed x etc).

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That sounds useful thanks! I'll try that if it happens again too...

·
Registered
333 Posts
If you've not had a strange occurrence in your car, then you haven't got a Polestar.

Anyone who hasn't had at least one strange occurrence is just not playing fair!
I had a good streak going until yesterday. Zero problems aside from occasional DC charger incompatibility. Ran a brief errand, got the "Propulsion system Service required" alert and the main display locked up completely. Drove home (no issues), and the main display rebooted. Chatted with customer service, and Alane said "that sometimes happens when the battery is cold, and should be fixed in the next software update in a few weeks; monitor it and let us know if you have any further trouble."

So I'm hoping the car won't brick itself between now and then. Yay.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I had a good streak going until yesterday. Zero problems aside from occasional DC charger incompatibility. Ran a brief errand, got the "Propulsion system Service required" alert and the main display locked up completely. Drove home (no issues), and the main display rebooted. Chatted with customer service, and Alane said "that sometimes happens when the battery is cold, and should be fixed in the next software update in a few weeks; monitor it and let us know if you have any further trouble."

So I'm hoping the car won't brick itself between now and then. Yay.
Polestar (via volvo) took my car in for best part of a week with this error. Seems polestar central didn't know much about it and ran a few checks remotely before confirming there wasn't an issue. Interesting to see the fault happened elsewhere.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Last night, my wife had to take an alternate route because of blocked road and came home extremely "mad at the car". She said "navigate to home" and the car sounded confused. This is anecdotal but it responded with something like "do you want to navigate?" "where to"? she tried saying "home" a few times but GA (Google Assistant) kept asking weird questions even though our address was listed right on top of the maps screen. She even tried speaking out the address and GA would just cut her off. I went for a ride afterwards and did not have any issues at all other than being sluggish (delay between Hey Google and the voice prompt). I suspect a signal issue but does GA even come on if 4G goes away?

One more thing: I can feel background buffeting when driving over 50 mph, even when there is hardly any wind. It isn't the full-on unnerving feeling like a window cracked open but almost like a precursor. Hard to explain but it is annoying. It is distinct from the noise of air/wind which is noticeable due to the lack of any engine noise. Has anyone experienced this? Is it normal in an EV? All windows are sealed tight.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
To be fair, she could have navigated home with literally two touches of the screen which would have saved all the upset...

Someone else reported weird buffeting issues at speed - like a pressure difference in the car - exactly similar to having a window slightly open. I've searched but can't find it now. Perhaps someone else will pick up on this and find the post I'm thinking of.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Last night, my wife had to take an alternate route because of blocked road and came home extremely "mad at the car". She said "navigate to home" and the car sounded confused. This is anecdotal but it responded with something like "do you want to navigate?" "where to"? she tried saying "home" a few times but GA (Google Assistant) kept asking weird questions even though our address was listed right on top of the maps screen. She even tried speaking out the address and GA would just cut her off. I went for a ride afterwards and did not have any issues at all other than being sluggish (delay between Hey Google and the voice prompt). I suspect a signal issue but does GA even come on if 4G goes away?

One more thing: I can feel background buffeting when driving over 50 mph, even when there is hardly any wind. It isn't the full-on unnerving feeling like a window cracked open but almost like a precursor. Hard to explain but it is annoying. It is distinct from the noise of air/wind which is noticeable due to the lack of any engine noise. Has anyone experienced this? Is it normal in an EV? All windows are sealed tight.
I honestly wonder if there’s an unfortunate gender bias with Google voice recognition. My wife has funny-only-to-me levels of frustration trying to get voice commands to work in the car. But my son and I have no issues and my son is missing his front teeth. It’s weird because my sons voice pitch is similar to my wife’s and his phrasing is less grammatical or specific. But with more and more stories like this coming out I wonder if there’s something about American male voice inflection that Google is most maximally trained on vs American female voice?

Re buffeting. Do your rear windows have any play/travel? Try lowering them completely then raising them again?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
I remember that post too, from a chap on Facebook with one of the earliest cars. I'm not sure it ever got resolved, or at least if it did, I forget the resolution 🤔

·
Registered
Polestar 2
20 Posts

Google Nav commands have stopped working for me on the latest Google maps update this week when you try to navigate to stored locations using voice activated Google assistant. You can get the commands to work by asking for the whole Hey Google Nav command via the Google assistant touch screen button or the steering wheel comms button. Seems to be the stored locations (home, work etc) that are most affected. I’ve Bug reported whole thing to Google. Further Google assistant update that came in yesterday has not fixed it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
To be fair, she could have navigated home with literally two touches of the screen which would have saved all the upset...
Agreed. And she admitted as much but was frustrated why something so basic failed just when she needed it most. I've been trying to break it since yesterday without success. I even mumbled "take me home" without even waiting for the voice prompt several times and no issues at all.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts