Polestar Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
I was quoted 62% for the depreciation value on a 39-month Polestar 2 lease. It was a higher value than I expected.
Not sure when you were quoted this. But Polestar has also been utilizing the Federal 7,500 Credit to shore up the lease residual and achieve the more competitive (lower) monthly payment on a lease. So that bumps up the lease residual at least 12 percentage points, if not more. It's an interesting tactic since the other companies that pass through the value have been using them as cap cost reductions.

· Registered
51 Posts
Given your background do you see this as something particular to Polestars or across other brands as well? I'm also wondering if the federal rebate changes have had an influence broadly across the EV used car market?
There's definitely more on EVs right now, Mach E's also took a bath the past few months.

For Polestar. I think it's just continued lack of awareness and consideration. Going to be even less so on the used market. I haven't seen anything from Polestar regarding like a Certified Pre Owned channel for their used vehicles either, which can typically boost resale and used values a bit. Not sure how much the news of the revised Polestar 2 and move to RWD based systems might impact the resale of the first few years as well.

81 - 84 of 84 Posts