Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A reddit user on the r/Polestar site just posted the following :

ABRP is already made. "We have Android Automotive implemented already. just waiting for Polestar to give their input and approve it".

Can't wait for that to happen !

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
This seems to be the relevant thread, at least what I could find as a more primary source:

an ABRP rep indicates they have an alpha version but can’t say more other than it looks awesome. Hopefully it can tie into the real time battery% as well as Google!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hooray! Well before delivery (of the car). Next should be Audible (well I can always hope).

·
Registered
2021, Polestar 2, Void
9 Posts
Worth mentioning that it seems like the dashboard map is not really "linked" to the ABRP map on the main display, hence you'd have to pay attention to the main display all the time

abrp (1).jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Sorry to be the grumpy German here, but there are some minor inconveniencs I noticed when testing:

• No access to saved routes Solved by logging in 😬
  • Premium package needs to be purchased for live weather and traffic - not really necessary due to GM integration.
  • Navigation in the center console and by voice only (driver display needs AAOS 11) - not really necessary due to GM integration.
  • No transmission of SoC and charging state to the PC/Smartphone Solved by logging in 😬

It's a great step, though!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sorry to be the grumpy German here, but there are some minor inconveniencs I noticed when testing:

• No access to saved routes
  • Premium package needs to be purchased
  • Navigation in the center console and by voice only (driver dislay needs AAOS 11)
  • No transmission of SoC and charging state to the PC/Smartphone

But, can you send the route to google maps and take it from there? Not same maybe, but close?

·
Registered
4 Posts

• Navigation in the center console and by voice only (driver dislay needs AAOS 11)

I only installed it and tested a few things, but I was able to access my saved routes and I don't have premium but still access to live data on my PC.
Did you successfully log into your account?
Also, via the share button you can send it to Google Maps, but only the first (or next) waypoint.

This is from my PC:
abrp-polestar.png

·
Registered
4 Posts

I think I now know, what the issue is: I deleted my saved car from the app before and the Polestar Apps creates a new car with the live data!
That's why it was asking for premium, because with a free account you can only have 1 car saved.

·
Registered
720 Posts
lol, I was testing Play Store searching for work and thought "wonder if there's anything new for my car." Awesome!

·
Super Moderator
1,057 Posts
Totally happy now :) After logging in and removing the GeoTab feed, I found the car in my account with access to saved routes and preferences. The next stop (charger, destination) can be send to GM so you can use GM for navigation with full traffic, wheather, driver display and charger availability integration. No real need for the Premium package.

I can see car position and SoC in ABRP on my PC/Smartphone. Next check: SoC while charging.

Update: The app needs to be running in the foreground to sync the data. Hence no charging monitoring and also no up to date data when the car is shut down without the app running.

1 - 20 of 89 Posts