Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Installed it this morning. Crashed two miles into the route (the app crashed, not me!) so I had to reboot AA.

Can anyone who is an iPhone user tell me how to login? I use Google to log in to ABRP on my iPhone and iMac. If I select Google to sign in from the car I get a QR code to scan. Using the iPhone to scan the QR code launches ABRP on the phone. Confused.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,081 Posts
Installed it this morning. Crashed two miles into the route (the app crashed, not me!) so I had to reboot AA.

Can anyone who is an iPhone user tell me how to login? I use Google to log in to ABRP on my iPhone and iMac. If I select Google to sign in from the car I get a QR code to scan. Using the iPhone to scan the QR code launches ABRP on the phone. Confused.
Same boat here - have yet to figure out how to log in. And the app crashed at some point - maybe trying to take in all the data I've been throwing at it to update its model?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Can anyone who is an iPhone user tell me how to login?
When the app has installed, there is a symbol top right, if you press that it allows you to use your existing iPhone app login id and password.
(Post 41 above, the image, see below the Watch later text)
Then all your saved routes on the iPhone appear on the car.
I have been doing some preplanning of journeys and hey-presto there they are waiting for me 👍

·
Registered
717 Posts
This is an issue with their implementation, had the same problem on my Android device.

If you log into the app on the web, you can change the password and use that to log into the app in the car using the regular UN/PW flow.

·
Registered
301 Posts
When the app has installed, there is a symbol top right, if you press that it allows you to use your existing iPhone app login id and password.
(Post 41 above, the image, see below the Watch later text)
Then all your saved routes on the iPhone appear on the car.
I have been doing some preplanning of journeys and hey-presto there they are waiting for me 👍
The problem is that I don’t have an existing login/password combination on my phone app - I use “log in with Google”.

·
Registered
301 Posts
This is an issue with their implementation, had the same problem on my Android device.

If you log into the app on the web, you can change the password and use that to log into the app in the car using the regular UN/PW flow.
Good thinking - thank you 👍

·
Registered
301 Posts

Hmmm - not so easy. You can use the web app to change a password (which I don’t have as I log in with Google) or add another login method, this step offers just Google, Apple or Facebook logins - not email/password combinations. The only route I can see currently is to delete my account and start over. If I choose that method what are the chances that my email address will be rejected as already in use (it’s my Google email address)?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Hmmm - not so easy. You can use the web app to change a password (which I don’t have as I log in with Google) or add another login method, this step offers just Google, Apple or Facebook logins - not email/password combinations. The only route I can see currently is to delete my account and start over. If I choose that method what are the chances that my email address will be rejected as already in use (it’s my Google email address)?
I set my account up with Google as well and it let me change the password... strange. The button isn't highlighted, but it worked.

Might want to buzz ABRP on Twitter, it's clearly a bug in their system.

·
Registered
California
439 Posts
I clicked “Change Password” even though I did not have a password and it allowed me to set a new password that way. Didn’t ask for an old password.

(I have not yet verified this password works to log in to the app since I don’t currently have my P*2 back yet.)

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
208 Posts
Great news for us, I haven't used it on the road yet, but according to this article it would be possible to transfer the route to GM???? In Polestar 2, the routing can also be transferred to Google Maps, allowing the driver to continue to benefit from the integrated navigation system in the car." Source : Polestar 2 now features ABRP app | Automotive World For me it is not.

·
Super Moderator
1,019 Posts
Yes, if you're using 'sign in with google' snd then do a password reset, it lets you set one. Not a correct implementation but it does at least mean you can sign in!

·
Super Moderator
1,019 Posts
Great news for us, I haven't used it on the road yet, but according to this article it would be possible to transfer the route to GM???? In Polestar 2, the routing can also be transferred to Google Maps, allowing the driver to continue to benefit from the integrated navigation system in the car." Source : Polestar 2 now features ABRP app | Automotive World
Yes, you can. Imagine the clunkiest possible way for this to work, and you'll have imagined the reality though ;)

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have seen the same experience on the desktop app. It only seemingly transfers the first waypoint to the car, even though all are transferred to Google.

41 - 60 of 89 Posts