Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 89 Posts

Registered
For me it transferred (only) the final destination to Google maps, but I have just one sample point for now. This was good enough since I got navigation on my driver display.

Super Moderator
Unfortunately, this is currently buggy: only the first leg is transferred on AAOS.
It's not a bug, it's impossible to transfer any more then one leg at the moment due to a Google limitation.

Also, it doesn't actually transfer the route, just the destination.

Super Moderator
That's what I said - it doesn't transfer the actual routing. So if you plan a route in ABRP and transfer it to Google Maps, you will not necessarily be following the same route - which could invalidate the consumption calculations.

Super Moderator
Could be my lack of understanding of the english language. I understand 'destination' to be the final stop, not the individual waypoints in between.
Full Ack on the different routes and differing calculation. Not only for consumption, but also for the ETA. In additon to the different routes this is probably because GM calculates using the speed limit (and a Vmax of 130), while ABRP can be configured to use higher speeds - both relatively and absolutely.

Registered
It's not a bug, it's impossible to transfer any more then one leg at the moment due to a Google limitation.

Also, it doesn't actually transfer the route, just the destination.
In the phone app I get all charging stops when I transfer the route to GM. In the car, only the final destination.

Super Moderator
There are two different issues here.

When you transfer a 'route' from ABRP to GM on your phone, you are -not- transferring the route. What you're doing is transferring a list of charging stops. The routing engine may give different results, so the distances / economy etc., might not match up. You're transferring where you want to go, but not how you're going to get there.

This is a moot point in the car because as far as I can tell, GM in the -car- can only receive a single destination. It has no concept of multi-stop journeys. I could be wrong on this though as @krheinwald disagrees with me. I'll go and have another play later.

Super Moderator
Correct - exactly what I said. We don't disagree at all, @stevelup, neither on the routing between waypoints, nor on the problem of the single waypoint being transferred.
Right now, only the next stop is transferred on AAOS, but not in regular Android or in Chrome. This limitation - which I consider a bug - could very well be in AAOS or GM on AAOS. I have contacted my contact @ABRP about this and am waiting for a comment.

Super Moderator
I have just been told the 'back' arrow is disabled in navigation mode while driving by order of PS to prevent distraction.

No idea, why the same is not true for GM 馃槙

Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar

Also in this screen. I planned a route and I hit the navigate icon which made this screen appear. As I'm stationary and plugged into my home charger it's showing the charge on kW. The bug here is that the "0 min left to 39%" vet charges / updates. I'm at 40% now and it's still showing "0 min to 39%".

Registered
Oh nice! Really like the way ABRP is telling me how long to charge, how much it'll cost me and to what % SoC I need to juice up to in order to reach my destination. This is an improvement on Google Maps for sure.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I鈥檓 trying to drag the different waypoints in ABRP to change sequence of appearance. This works well on my phone but has a terrible 15 seconds lag in the car. Anybody experiencing same ? You try to drag and nothing happens and suddenly 15 secs later things start jumping around.
Another issue is the table. Once you bring up the table you can鈥檛 get rid of it. Tapping elsewhere on te screen for 3-4 times and then waiting 20-25 sec usually makes the table go away?

Super Moderator
Are you in an area with good internet connection? This app seems to rely 100% on a solid network connection.

Registered
FYI, they've added a Polestar 2 forum to their site.
Polestar 2 - A Better Route Planner
Great - I've recorded a few videos of me using ABRP to capture the bugs - of which there are MANY! :) I will share the videos with them. Will be great to see this app evolve and get better. Will go on a proper drive this evening with ABRP navigating for me and see what the experience is like. Heck, might even sign up for the premium account in due course.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts