Polestar Forum banner

81 - 89 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Great - I've recorded a few videos of me using ABRP to capture the bugs - of which there are MANY! :) I will share the videos with them. Will be great to see this app evolve and get better. Will go on a proper drive this evening with ABRP navigating for me and see what the experience is like. Heck, might even sign up for the premium account in due course.
I don't have much reason to use the app right now, but I might subscribe just to support them.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Another slight annoyance is that in 'navigation' mode the voice prompts appear to be on the media volume, not the same as GM. The actual voice is too loud for me - so if I turn it down the radio volume is too low when the lady stops speaking.
Another minor bug - the distances are spoken as 'yard' not 'yards' (keeps my daughter amused).
However, not only does it show charge rate but also provides a nice graph of the charging curve - cool.
Also, the voice has definately been to the Miss Whiplash school of elocution - I now feel very dominated.

Overall, this is a very impressive version 1.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Are you in an area with good internet connection? This app seems to rely 100% on a solid network connection.
100% solid LTE absolutely. Also tried it when connected to my high speed home wifi. The lag is only with these 2 actions. All other manipulations happen with no delay at all. Can you smoothly perform these two actions without lag in your car ?

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
254 Posts
Just went out for a drive with ABRP.

1. Yards? There must be a option to change that.
2. ABRP just froze after about 25 mins and maps would not update my position. So switched to Google maps.
3. Zoom level of the maps isn't ideal, or maybe I'm just used to Google Maps generally being more zoomed on when turns are coming up.
4. The voice prompts were really responsive and accurate, especially on roundabouts. Nice!
5. kW readout when charging is really useful and I wonder if it'll also record and display the charging curve?

Over all, I'm not sure it's quite ready for prime time yet, but it's not far off the mark. Am update or two with some bug fixes will be welcome. Looking forward to see how this evolves over time. A great start.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
There are always going to be bugs and non-optimal settings on a new app launch. ABRP were very quick on updating to the app to work with Polestar, and I'm sure if you email them your feedback things will improve quickly.

Let's hope this is the start of the dam breaking on the flood of apps to come!

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
Midnight 20” Charcoal July?
236 Posts
There are always going to be bugs and non-optimal settings on a new app launch. ABRP were very quick on updating to the app to work with Polestar, and I'm sure if you email them your feedback things will improve quickly.

Let's hope this is the start of the dam breaking on the flood of apps to come!
can't wait for flappy bird

81 - 89 of 89 Posts