Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone having an issue when trying to enable active cruise control and it says unavailable?
Yep, this one hit me. Ultimately they just ended up reloading the then-current software update and it was good. I’d personally wait for the upcoming OTA and see if that fixes it.

You can also try the infotainment reset but I didn’t have any luck with that for my issue.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
127 Posts
Anyone having an issue when trying to enable active cruise control and it says unavailable?
Yep, Just happened to me on road trip. Was doing 70mph on the freeway and it just disconnected and hasn't come back yet. It is in service now, so I expect to get it back this week working. Also, the Driver Alert setting has Error in red. That is getting checked out as well.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
127 Posts
Yep, Just happened to me on road trip. Was doing 70mph on the freeway and it just disconnected and hasn't come back yet. It is in service now, so I expect to get it back this week working. Also, the Driver Alert setting has Error in red. That is getting checked out as well.
Oh, and I had a full charge at the time. So, it had nothing to do with the battery charge being low.

·
Registered
127 Posts
It hasn't been changed in the car settings has it? There is an option there to turn on ACC and switch to standard CC
No, still set to ACC. But, when you go to use it, it says Unavailable. CC still works if I change it to use that.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
614 Posts
No, still set to ACC. But, when you go to use it, it says Unavailable. CC still works if I change it to use that.
I just remembered I got this message once during a blizzard and I had to clean the radar sensor in the front grille from packed snow before it worked again.

Could be a fault in that sensor?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just remembered I got this message once during a blizzard and I had to clean the radar sensor in the front grille from packed snow before it worked again.

Definitely wasn't battery related, I hit the polestar connect and the guy suggested cleaning the car, my car is a little dusty, but wouldn't consider anything obstructed. And I tried regular CC and it worked, just ACC didn't. Lane assist still works, nudging me back when I change lanes without turn signal. So some sensors are working still.

·
Registered
127 Posts

Nope. Have had that with another car. But, this was clean and it was a bright sunny day. I’ve seen it reported by others, so waiting to see if service corrects it it is there now.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope. Have had that with another car. But, this was clean and it was a bright sunny day. I’ve seen it reported by others, so waiting to see if service corrects it it is there now.
I hope it doesn't need service because that is 150 miles away.

·
Registered
127 Posts
R u having the issue? if it needs to go in, you know they pick up the car and leave you a loaner. In fact the left me a Vovle S60 a d this time a Polestar 2 Thunder, just like mine.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
R u having the issue? if it needs to go in, you know they pick up the car and leave you a loaner. In fact the left me a Vovle S60 a d this time a Polestar 2 Thunder, just like mine.
I'd rather not have them put an unnecessary 300 miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
127 Posts
When they bricked my car I convinced them to put it on a flatbed coming back, but the OC service site can't open soon enough.
Yeah. When they delivered it it came on the back of a truck. So, first service I expected the same. So, I didn’t fully charge it, and the guy had to wait an hour to get enough charge to get to LA. Can’t wait for our local Volvo to get up to speed. Should be up and running by June. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Magnesium, Slate WeaveTech, 19", no PP, Tow bar. Pickup end of December.
30 Posts
Yup, I have this and no the car isn't dirty. In fact it is super clean. I don't know about others but in my car I also see an error on the coffee break icon (drive alert) that doesn't go away with any reset you do. I think these two are related. Cruise control and limiter work fine indeed. It's also has nothing to do with battery level as that has been fixed. You now get ACC even when state of charge is low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
This happened to me back in January. Then I waited for 3 months until the Polestar Space opened up in Austin. They took it in and installed a software update which fixed it. No issues in the past week.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts