Polestar Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,010 Posts
Mine is a PP.
Weather warmer today at 7oC and driving as slow and careful as possible I’ve hit an amazing 47kw/100miles.
how the heck did 986mike get 29?
Was that all downhill?
How long was the journey, and what mixture of roads? Stop start, roundabouts, or steady speed?

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Below about 20 miles, you'll see high usage, below about 10 miles extremely high usage - when cold. Now that the temperature's above 10C you should see it being considerably better, though remember heavy rain can also add 10% to consumption.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Below about 20 miles, you'll see high usage, below about 10 miles extremely high usage - when cold. Now that the temperature's above 10C you should see it being considerably better, though remember heavy rain can also add 10% to consumption.
I’ve noticed a significant improvement already with the warmer temperature.
Probably getting mid - high 40’s now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yep I’ve noticed a far better range the last few days as it’s warmed up. Not as advertised but better. Two short trips the last couple of days of 16 miles or so were about 40 and a longer one was 35. Before I struggled to get below 50. November software

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
It will never be as advertised, in the same way that in general driving you will never get the advertised figures for combustion engine cars either. This is why it's a bit annoying when people rant on here that they don't get WLTP figures - nor have they ever, ever done in their ICE vehicles in mixed driving but I bet they never tried to reject those. Oh well... Nice to see the range getting better with the warmer temperatures :).

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had the software update on Tuesday at Volvo. Been for a short drive today on mainly country roads no major accelerations.
20210218_142656.jpg

A little warmer than a week ago. Seems encouraging that some tweaks have helped the range particularly on the initial start up period.
However see below..
20210218_142759.jpg

I know the Polestar is quick but

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
This is my latest trip data since the update. Mainly country roads. 40 - 50 mph.
Best I have ever got.
We had to stop driving due to getting the Propulsion System Service Required error, but prior to that I was calculating roughly a 3.5% improvement since getting the Android 10 update. Car goes to Volvo next week to get the electronics scanned and a missing floor mat holder lug installed; the carpet has to be pulled to install it but it's the driver mat so a safety issue.

·
Registered
231 Posts
We had to stop driving due to getting the Propulsion System Service Required error, but prior to that I was calculating roughly a 3.5% improvement since getting the Android 10 update. Car goes to Volvo next week to get the electronics scanned and a missing floor mat holder lug installed; the carpet has to be pulled to install it but it's the driver mat so a safety issue.
It does seem as if there is an improvement. The warmer weather must also have helped. Plus the low average speed. Once more of us have the update it will become clearer. Trust your repairs go well.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Quite a good video about Tesla model 3 and range. It may help people realise why the range on the Polestar is not so good in winter and that we are not alone in that.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Quite a good video about Tesla model 3 and range. It may help people realise why the range on the Polestar is not so good in winter and that we are not alone in that.

Winter is simply a fact of life for EVs. People will be ooh'ing and ahh'ing as the weather warms. Then next fall everyone will be bitching again. It's very predictable and you see it on every EV forum.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Is there any hard documentation on what improvements are in the latest sw, or is it all anecdotal?

21 - 36 of 36 Posts