Polestar Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
Has anyone who has taken delivery of their P2 with performance pack adjusted their damper settings from how they received them from factory?

Did you do it yourself and how difficult was it?

Did you just leave it to the dealer?

How different did it feel compared to how it was before?

Happy with factory?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm very happy with the factory setup once I got the correct tire pressure rear (to high when delivered).

Adjusting front should be easy since the adjusting knob is visible when you turn the wheel. The back needs dismount of the protection inside the fender.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd be interested in photos or really clear instructions on how to adjust the dampers - I've looked at the online manual and don't see any specifics for this.

I take a sports car to the track a few times a year and think I'd like to experience the Polestar there - perhaps at Laguna Seca which has many electric car tests.

When you say that we have to dismount the protection inside the fender, does that mean car must be jacked up, rear wheels removed, then inner wheel liner removed to gain access or is there a way to get to it from inside the trunk/boot?

The folks at the pop up in San Francisco were clearly marketing contractors and had no idea how to answer this question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just did mine.

You need to jack the car so you can get access above the rear wheel. No need to remove wheel or even get the car off the ground, just raise it up a couple of inches.

There are about 8 wheel liner plastic retaining nuts (push on, unscrew off). You just need to remove the three at the top of the liner, kind of 11, 12 and 1 o'clock positions.

Find the join in the liner sections at 12 o'clock position and pull down. You need to be able to get a hand in. It does feel like "this can't be right" at this point. Trust me, its right. You'll see in about 30 seconds and then say "wtf polestar, really?"

Remove the black rubber press on boot that is on top of the shock tube. It is retained on the adjuster knob.

Gold adjuster knob now visible. Turn clockwise until it stops clicking and then count the counterclockwise clicks to get your setting. Lower the number the firmer the damping.

They say there are 22 clicks of adjustment but it turns for about 27.

Replace rubber boot

Replace liner and clips

Lower the jack

Repeat.

I found the side without charging port is easier, start there.

Fronts are a doddle by comparison.

Probably should have taken a couple of pictures. The manual images are without a wheel liner. Handy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just did mine.

You need to jack the car so you can get access above the rear wheel. No need to remove wheel or even get the car off the ground, just raise it up a couple of inches.

There are about 8 wheel liner plastic retaining nuts (push on, unscrew off). You just need to remove the three at the top of the liner, kind of 11, 12 and 1 o'clock positions.

Find the join in the liner sections at 12 o'clock position and pull down. You need to be able to get a hand in. It does feel like "this can't be right" at this point. Trust me, its right. You'll see in about 30 seconds and then say "wtf polestar, really?"

Remove the black rubber press on boot that is on top of the shock tube. It is retained on the adjuster knob.

Gold adjuster knob now visible. Turn clockwise until it stops clicking and then count the counterclockwise clicks to get your setting. Lower the number the firmer the damping.

They say there are 22 clicks of adjustment but it turns for about 27.

Replace rubber boot

Replace liner and clips

Lower the jack

Repeat.

I found the side without charging port is easier, start there.

Fronts are a doddle by comparison.

Probably should have taken a couple of pictures. The manual images are without a wheel liner. Handy.
Thanks, sounds unpleasant but not horrible as I usually have a small hydraulic lift with me to change wheels on the other car. My other car (Boxster S) is 2900 lbs so in theory I can tow it behind the P*2 :unsure:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I forgot to ask, what did you set it to and did you notice a difference?

·
Registered
47 Posts
18 front and 20 rear (comfort in the manual).

The ride is not so noisy now but may be ever so slightly underdamped. Feels better. Might have a try a couple of clicks firmer, but most likely leave it where it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts