Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Contrary to some previous reports, it's a piece of cake adjusting the dampers. You don't even need any tools.

Front ones - just put full lock on the steering and reach from behind the wheel. Flip the steering the other way and do the other side.

Rear ones - remove the four thumbscrews in the wheel arch liner at the top (the two either side of the centreline). You can then pull the liner down. It's a soft compliant woven material, not hard plastic. You can then get your hand in and remove the protective cap and adjust the dampers. Don't drop the cap or you will then have to do some disassembly! The four thumbscrews then just push back on - no need to turn them.

It's a 20 min max job for all four corners. Certainly not worth paying someone to do!

·
Registered
31 Posts
So I gather you have been messing around with it a bit.
What settings are you currently on?

·
Registered
141 Posts
That is exciting to hear!! I plan to put on winter tires pretty much immediately and will plan to so this!

Did you adjust without removing the rear tire?

Also 100% agree a video would be fantastic

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I could, but it literally is as easy as I said. Remove four finger tight thumbscrews, pull the trim down and stick your arm in. I mean, if you have arms like Geoff Capes, you might struggle without jacking the car up slightly, but any normal human should be able to do it!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, no need to remove the wheels. I took the first wheel off and did it, then when I had it in bits I realised just how easy it would be to do it without taking anything apart, and did the second one through keyhole surgery!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks for sharing this. Polestar actually originally promised to include a damper adjustment FoC but I prefer being able to play myself. I originally felt that the factory setting was firm but fine. After driving the car for two weeks I now want to soften it up a bit.

Out of interest, what did you change yours to? Do you know what clicks it was set to?
Thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Wow, 8/8. Are all PP set to this from factory?
I will try too. I'm really interested to see what this does to the ride quality, but also turn-in and corner stability. It's FLAT around corners at the moment :)

Here's another post with diagrams on how to change the settings: Öhlin Adjustable Dampers... Dealer adjustable only?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have just checked my fronts, they were set on 12 from factory, which is probably why I haven't been experiencing the overly hard damping reported by so many of the journo test drives of the PP... I think I'm going to jack up the rear and remove the wheel so I can get to it easily. I imagine they are also 12.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I will try again but my arm was pretty tight getting to that last trim screw

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I will try again but my arm was pretty tight getting to that last trim screw
OK, well if you jack the car up, that opens up the gap more. You definitely don't need to remove the wheel though.

If you're using a trolley jack, you need to use a jacking pad - the jacking point is relatively soft metal.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Has anyone tried 12 front, 16 rear? Seems like it would be a nice tweener spot between sport and comfort settings.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts