Polestar Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #42
Cad.

Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
Some of us folk in the PPPU (Polestar Poor People Union, aka Non-PP owners) have requested @ProfessorCook prepares something catered to our basic needs. Maybe instructions how to remove the tablet from the car, so we can watch reality tv when taking our weekly bath. Diagrams should be extra simple.
Thanks in advance.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #44
I'm on it!

Reactions: rgledhill

Registered
As a side note; I considered the PP but for what they charged they should have used a far superior damper system like the Mag. shocks from GM (which they license out to many auto manufacturers). Just press a button on your UI and the suspension is changed.
Magnetic dampers draw a constant current when they're not in their default "soft" state. Not a big deal on an ICE vehicle, but not ideal on an electric vehicle, especially one that's more a sport sedan than sports car. Ford has lots of experience with them, so I'm sure they're accounting for current draw in the GT's range estimate, and are pulling out some tricks to reduce the current needed for their "sport" or "race" (Unbridled?) modes. FWIW, most of the other electric cars with adjustable suspensions use air suspensions.

I don't blame Polestar for using a manually adjustable damper from a company they have a strong relationship with, but it would've been nice to develop adjustability using servos to twist the knobs you can control from the screen. :)

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #47
I like the dampers. It's a quirky, unusual thing and it's fun to have them. I do think they could have made it easier to adjust them with a removal panel in the wheel well liner. 'Might be a good aftermarket part for somebody to produce and sell.

Reactions: julianm

Registered
I like the dampers. It's a quirky, unusual thing and it's fun to have them. I do think they could have made it easier to adjust them with a removal panel in the wheel well liner. 'Might be a good aftermarket part for somebody to produce and sell.
I've been hunting around on Google to see if there are any remote adjusters. Maybe something like this for the rears? Fronts aren't too bad to adjust (although top mounted adjusters like the P1 would've been nice).
FPSp毛c 脰hlins DFV Remote Damper Adjusters - SakeBomb Garage LLC

Registered
41 - 49 of 49 Posts