Polestar Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody got this one yet? Looks like a PS technician is going to have to take a little trip to Colorado.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Has anybody got this one yet? Looks like a PS technician is going to have to take a little trip to Colorado.

View attachment 2410
jeez - nope haven't seen that one.

standard things I do now:
  • Reset by pressing the home button for 20 sec
  • Rebotting by pressing "play/pause" for a while
  • Parking, locking car, and stepping away (so fob >6ft from car) for ~10-20 min, then reopening and restarting

I do think the car has to kind of work out its software kinks and then go from there. Who knows if maybe the cold weather is triggering something?

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jeez - nope haven't seen that one.

standard things I do now:
  • Reset by pressing the home button for 20 sec
  • Rebotting by pressing "play/pause" for a while
  • Parking, locking car, and stepping away (so fob >6ft from car) for ~10-20 min, then reopening and restarting

I do think the car has to kind of work out its software kinks and then go from there. Who knows if maybe the cold weather is triggering something?
Thanks! Option 3 (just leaving it be for a while) seems to have at least temporarily cleared the fault. I'm not going to over-think it for now. In the end, if it is a legitimate issue, then Polestar would have to come fix it since it is obviously a safety issue. But hoping that it won't be necessary.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
That's often caused by the 12V battery being a bit low. If you can leave the car powered on for a few hours safely locked in a garage, it might top up the 12V battery enough to stop it happening again. It's also been seen in the past after various updates have been applied but the car hasn't been completely powered down (disconnect battery, wait 30 mins, reconnect). Hopefully you don't need to take it to the dealer...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts