Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else struggling with aircon when you need it most i.e hot weather! ?
Got in my car last night after finishing work and no matter what I did it just didn't blow cool air, ended up driving home with windows open. In the UK the temperature is currently 29-30c but the aircon just didnt seem to cope with it, it reminded me of the days with no aircon - got an hour or so before I finish today and already starting to dread the drive home.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same issue a few weeks back where is just seemed to blow cool, not cold air even on the lowest temp setting. I opened the temperature slider on screen, slide it up then back to low and it actually started blowing nice and cold and has done ever since. So I can only assume for some reason the screen display wasn’t actually in sync with what the car was doing!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
Try the infotainment system reboot as that does often sort it; I had this about 6 months ago and it needed the software update re-installing to get it to work, but I'm sure you'll have newer software on your car now than I did then.

I must admit the Polestar's aircon isn't that impressive. Even setting it to LO, it still takes ages to cool the cabin to a comfortable temperature if it's been in the sun. It's like the adaptive cruise control - very lazy and slow to respond to changes. Our Zoe's is far superior (both aspects!).

·
Registered
Thunder, non PP, towbar
108 Posts
Check that it feels very cold with your hand close to the vent. If not and the infotainment reset is ineffective then contact CS.

We've done a lot of driving over the last few days (more to follow) and triggering the climate using the app in advance helps.

Activating recirculation helps so much it ought to be activated automatically when Lo is selected.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I'm sure this will jinx it but as long as the auto is set to middle of the road or higher, my AC cools the cabin quickly even when I forget to trigger pre-conditioning and it's been sat in the sun.

·
Registered
840 Posts
I'm sure this will jinx it but as long as the auto is set to middle of the road or higher, my AC cools the cabin quickly even when I forget to trigger pre-conditioning and it's been sat in the sun.
Same with me - I find it cools the cabin very quickly for me even in our 100F days here in the heart of summer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts