Polestar Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully, with circumstances being right and governments starting to let people in, I will travel come September (Well the ticket's booked already ;) ) but the cost of taxis to the airport is much higher than the cost of car parking so driving it is.

Any advice from those that have done it regarding a longer stay - would be a little over 3 weeks in the car park. I'll be in Heathrow so there's a few rapid chargers in the vicinity - but should I top up before or after? I guess leave plenty early and before makes more sense because I can come straight off the flight and get home.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Straight out of the manual

"For long-term storage of the car (longer than 1 month), the following recommendations should be followed. Make sure that the car has an appropriate State of Charge (SoC) and also make it a habit to check the car on a regular basis during long-term storage.
Before long-term storage

Recommended State of Charge (SoC) for long-term storage is between 40% and 50%. Set the recommended State of Charge (SoC) in the centre display."

If you are happy to come back to 40 to 50% charge I'd be inclined to do that

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah - not worried about battery drain. Was more the what are other people doing aspect.

It's not long term storage - it's less than 1 month as I state in my original message.

It's more about me than the car - personal experience, has anyone done it and left it low and had to charge? Given I may only be able to get 50kW chargers and it'll be october and thus the weather could be absolutely anything don't want to find a duff charger ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Any advice from those that have done it regarding a longer stay - would be a little over 3 weeks in the car park. I'll be in Heathrow so there's a few rapid chargers in the vicinity - but should I top up before or after? I guess leave plenty early and before makes more sense because I can come straight off the flight and get home.
I've parked at Heathrow dozens of times, mostly for business, but not all, sometimes for a few weeks, albeit not with an EV. Personally I would charge before, normally the journey home is a long one (or feels like it) even without hiccups/travel delays. The last thing I'd want was to find a working charger and spend an hour or more at a 50KW charger stopping me getting home.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts