Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the info we have, can we find a link to those cars which have been problematic?
I know nothing about how cars work, but I have watched The Wire so I know All the Pieces Matter.
This may be a pointless exercise, but here is the little info I have. I'm thinking the structure week, production date & kernel version may be the connects?
Possibly we can find a thread to connect cars with certain issues. I don’t know, probably not.
(BTW my issue is 12v battery critical charging fault warning)
Otherwise we need to get surveillance around the Geely factory, informants on the docks & some volunteers to infiltrate the upcoming test drive sessions.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Thanks Dave, good idea. I've updated the general "list of delivery checks" etc post with your exact infotainment system build numbers (first picture) as a reference for others.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I stll suspect that early build cars have a part issue that causes the 12v warning message and that part was replaced on later cars.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I stll suspect that early build cars have a part issue that causes the 12v warning message and that part was replaced on later cars.
What date defines early build?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Pretty sure it's just software. I've read the service bulletin for the recall - it just says to update the software and physically align the headlights. No more, no less.

·
Registered
P2 - Magnesium - Charcoal - PP - tow hook
101 Posts
As you know, mine is still being repaired. One of the reasons given for the delay is that there would have been a change of supplier for the manufacturing of certain parts (This was reported to me by another concerned Belgian user like me). The second is that some parts have to be programmed specifically for the car (delivery planned for week 44!). In my opinion, this is not only a software problem.

·
Registered
351 Posts
@dave I'm sure you've posted this already, but what (ballpark) is your VIN? Maybe another piece of the puzzle?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I had a webchat just now with Polestar who assured me that my car should have all current updates applied when it arrives next week (and that this should cover the 12V issue). Will see how it pans out (and report back on software versions).

·
Registered
351 Posts
ok cheers. I'm in the high 4000s. 🤔

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Still relatively early ones then. Mine will be 15xxx when it arrives in December so it'll be interesting to see how much has been updated by then on the production line and subsequently when it arrives in Belgium/UK...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Still relatively early ones then. Mine will be 15xxx when it arrives in December so it'll be interesting to see how much has been updated by then on the production line and subsequently when it arrives in Belgium/UK...
You still seem to have the latest VIN of all the ones i have seen mentioned anywhere. My order was placed on Monday so no idea when order or VIN will show up on Polestar website. A German forum shows/estimates VIN's through Zeebrugge are probably past 12,000 now so with a lot of relatively early VIN's still being delivered suggests must be 1000's of Polestars still in storage in Belgium pre-delivery.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
I think a new boatload arrives with 1000+ cars on each week or two. They're aiming for 50k cars per year after all...

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
I've seen someone on Facebook has just got his VIN and it's in the high 16000s so they are making them at a decent rate...

Reactions: ChiefEngineer

·
Registered
174 Posts
Mine is in the high 11,000s and is due November/December. They are still moving the date a bit, so I'm expecting it to be towards the end of next month

1 - 20 of 47 Posts