Polestar Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Thunder, non PP, towbar
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An introduction is well overdue having spent far more time than is healthy reading, learning and being generally entertained by others' contributions so far.

I was fortunate to receive my Thunder non PP car on 23rd September having placed an order in July and, would you believe it, it has a towbar.

The cause of the annoying rattle in the cabin was identified when I pulled down the sun visor for the first time and the mirror cover fell onto my lap. It's had its trip to the dealer for the first recall which led to an overnight stay while they tried to get it to accept the update. Looking forward to the next recall because it could do with being cleaned again.

I've now had two incidents when the car refuses to start or admit to having any battery charge. The first time it happened was embarrassing because I had parked on double yellow lines on a Sunday evening to nip in to pick up an Indian takeaway. Worryingly there was no reply when I tried calling Polestar CS. I tried all sorts of things short of sacrificing a lamb on the bonnet (I wasn't prepared to give up the curry) before it finally deigned to wake up. It happened again this morning which gave me the excuse to borrow my wife's Mini Cooper S whilst my car worked through its sulk ready to behave impeccably when she tried driving it for the first time.

Having owned Hondas and BMWs over the last 21 years, none of which ever broke down, this is a novel experience and, I have to admit, I am loving it. It's rather like owning a cat that for all its petulance and stubbornness is an object of obsession rather than respect.

It's likely, as a chronic audiophile, that I'll mainly be posting about the in car entertainment and apps as they evolve because this is the biggest disappointment so far. Providing the car agrees to work we'll be at Tenet on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Yours obviously has a personality. It needs a name. Aoede?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Car's without personalities are like an inanimate object!

All the best car's I've owned were flawed in some way or required your driving them a certain way (or not!). Also all my cars have had girl names!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts