Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With so many stories of strange noises and other problems, anything out of the ordinary gets my attention. Cruising quietly, I was listening to the rain hitting hard on the roof as I was driving home last night. Then.....tap, tap, tap....murmur, murmur, tap, tap, tap.
Was this a knocking from the wheel joints, a leak in from loose windows, or a rattle starting. All things I had read about on this forum.
Worry not, however, as I was moving window switches and then reaching across into the spot where the mobiles charge, I turned up the sound button. Moral - Kim Wilde's Kids in America is not a good song to play quietly in an EV in a rain storm. Too much tapping!
Got home, strong drink. Spotify on full blast this afternoon - no worrying tapping noises. Sorted!

·
Registered
264 Posts
With so many stories of strange noises and other problems, anything out of the ordinary gets my attention. Cruising quietly, I was listening to the rain hitting hard on the roof as I was driving home last night. Then.....tap, tap, tap....murmur, murmur, tap, tap, tap.
Was this a knocking from the wheel joints, a leak in from loose windows, or a rattle starting. All things I had read about on this forum.
Worry not, however, as I was moving window switches and then reaching across into the spot where the mobiles charge, I turned up the sound button. Moral - Kim Wilde's Kids in America is not a good song to play quietly in an EV in a rain storm. Too much tapping!
Got home, strong drink. Spotify on full blast this afternoon - no worrying tapping noises. Sorted!
You are not being paranoid. Also dont trust those silver cars that follow behind you. They are all in on it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Same thing happened to me, driving home after collecting my car after the recall work was completed last year; could hear some knocking noise coming from somewhere...I got caught out by the improved sound quality of the audio system after the software update!

That's the trouble with BEVs, so darned quiet you hear every subtle piece of percussion...

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I've been visiting past favorites, including Journey to the Center of the Earth by Rick Wakeman. This french horn player hits the wrong note in the same place every time I listen to it! (You'd think the practice would make him better.)

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
He's playing the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts