Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys whilst await a delivery date for my P2, I am thinking about the android apps I use most. As a family we all have Amazon Music Unlimited accounts. What is the interface like in the P2 for Amazon Music please?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't think there is one? I am aware of Spotify, YT Music, TuneIn and other spurious radio apps but I don't remember seeing Amazon Music. I am not sure if you could play it via Bluetooth, but I feel that might only for music local to the device the BT is being played from?

·
Premium Member
3,429 Posts
I switched to Spotify premium and have been pleased.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
You can use your phone to play music and Bluetooth to your car. However I've not figured out how to get the car to alter the Phone tracks.

My only solution so far is to use the Wife's Apple Phone for Amazon Music and leave it near it in the wireless charger.

This way we can use "Hay Siri" for Amazon Music and "Hay Google" for the car. Although my 9 year old son forgets in the car sometimes and yells "Hay Alexa" ...

I'm hoping for an Android Automotive Amazon Music App this year, preferably before the summer holiday.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Good question, my car arrives tomorrow and I just assumed I would have to stream it via Bluetooth with little or no control of the tracks.

I would also like Audible for audiobooks as well!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would rather not change my music streaming service if possible as we have all built huge libraries on Amazon. I could do it BT but that seems stoneage, my backup 2005 Audi A4 does that!

Audible a great shout, Amazon Music & Audible apps would cover 99% of my in car entertainment needs!

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
113 Posts
I'm still waiting for Pandora. It was in the press releases as a supported AA app but I can't find anything about it since. Bluetooth with phone works fine but it will sound better when native.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Audible a great shout, Amazon Music & Audible apps would cover 99% of my in car entertainment needs!
Yes I'm in the same boat. As I said use an iPhone if you can, then you can control both by voice. However I'm hoping 2021 will be year of Apps!

Already we know A Better Route Planner is looking at an update to GAA, so if a small company like that can do the work then Amazon should be able to do it overnight!

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Just to add ... this isn't down to Polestar to add or fix, this is down to the companies to add App's to Google Android Automotive.

If you send requests to Amazon support team eventually they will get enough requests to do something about it.

Reactions: krheinwald

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just to add ... this isn't down to Polestar to add or fix, this is down to the companies to add App's to Google Android Automotive.

If you send requests to Amazon support team eventually they will get enough requests to do something about it.
I will send a request. My other option is an Amazon Auto hidden somewhere (I have an android phone). I naively thought (or hoped) Google Play Store meant it had full access to Google Play Store. Should have known as some apps aren't available on my Android TV either.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I don't do long enough drives at present to really worry about what apps it does or doesn't have right now, so I'm just using the DAB / FM radio for now.

Once Lockdowns are over and we can go and see family it would be nicer to have the amazon apps on AAutomotive, especially for the 300 mile trip this summer!

Apparently it's not that hard to convert the App over From Android to AAutomotive, it just needs google to approve it which again I don't think takes long as someone here has made their own app.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have made a request which is being escalated to the Amazon Business Development Team (#putinthebin?). Let's see. If anyone else is interested could you do the same. It may eventually get Amazon's attention.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I sent my request in 3 months ago, didn't even get a standard BS corporate response ... just the automated one acknowledging the issue.

Reactions: Reycol

·
Super Moderator
1,391 Posts
My other option is an Amazon Auto hidden somewhere
AAuto won't help as AAutomotive doesn't support it. Just run Amazon Music on Android and stream over BT. The only drawback is folder control and album art are missing right now. Will be fixed with AAutomotive 11.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
867 Posts
You can use your phone to play music and Bluetooth to your car. However I've not figured out how to get the car to alter the Phone tracks.

My only solution so far is to use the Wife's Apple Phone for Amazon Music and leave it near it in the wireless charger.

This way we can use "Hay Siri" for Amazon Music and "Hay Google" for the car. Although my 9 year old son forgets in the car sometimes and yells "Hay Alexa" ...

I'm hoping for an Android Automotive Amazon Music App this year, preferably before the summer holiday.
Just add an echo auto like I did and then Alexa will also work. I just moved it from another car btw but am not using it much as hey Siri works just fine from the wireless charger.

I also have a Garmin dashcam that responds to OK Garmin, so it’s getting out of hand with 4 virtual assistants in the car :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
So whilst waiting for my puncture to be fixed has given me some time to have a play.

Amazon music works fine using the Bluetooth player. Cannot browse albums, playlists etc but the back and forward buttons on the steering wheel work perfectly and the sound quality is amazing

1 - 20 of 29 Posts