Polestar Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
Void, Charcoal
441 Posts
I tried to install remotely via the web browser. it didn't fail but it didn't work, either. In the car, I searched for "Amazon", found it, installed it and signed in. Works as expected.... another streaming option! Next stop (hopefully) ... Apple Music app. FWIW, I think the only options that current auto-resume playback are Spotify and XM, but I perhaps I missed one? YTM still requires a poking of the "Play" button to resume.
I'm using YTM, and sometimes it auto-resumes, and sometimes it doesn't. I have yet to figure out the pattern.

·
Registered
P2PPP
199 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Yup - you can tell from the URL

Code:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.mp3.automotiveOS

vs

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.amazon.music.tv
or similar - there are multiple versions for different platforms. I have the TV version because Philips seemed to think I'd want it pre-installed. They all 'look' the same though.

·
Registered
21 P*2, Void, Charcoal, Pilot, Plus, 20" Rims. picked up in Charlotte 10/21
32 Posts
I had Pocket Casts lock up a couple of times last night; think it was registering too many different subscriptions at once (I picked about 6!) and the 'home button' did the trick each time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I installed this and tried to use it. It froze and hasn't come back to life. I may have to uninstall and reinstall.
I had the same problem today. Music froze and all media sound was gone (radio, Bluetooth, etc.). I did the home button reset and it fixed the issue, temporarily. It happened again about an hour later. Never had issues prior to this…

·
Registered
6,014 Posts
I had the same problem today. Music froze and all media sound was gone (radio, Bluetooth, etc.). I did the home button reset and it fixed the issue, temporarily. It happened again about an hour later. Never had issues prior to this…
When this happened to me, the radio went dead, but other streaming media was fine.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Dual Motor, plus & pilot, midnight & towbar
170 Posts
For anyone looking for alternatives, I use Tidal for streaming... sound quality is good (and as yet, not set to full hifi quality), auto restart usually works, the car interface is a bit limited, but you can still search for music, access playlists etc

41 - 60 of 66 Posts