Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t change amp setting. It is set at 6A and dimmed out so it can’t be changed. Any clues?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Hmm, I was able to run mine all the way up to 48A the first time I tried. I think it was at my first charge attempt. I don't remember if I had plugged in already or not.

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine was originally set to 43, but somewhere along the way it reset to 6 and now can’t change.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,867 Posts
It's a well-known one that one. It's normally cleared by restarting the infotainment system; press and hold the "Home" button/line below the screen for about 30 seconds (ignore the "Screen cleaning" that appears, keep holding it...) until it restarts.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's a well-known one that one. It's normally cleared by restarting the infotainment system; press and hold the "Home" button/line below the screen for about 30 seconds (ignore the "Screen cleaning" that appears, keep holding it...) until it restarts.
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I’ll give it a try.
Ok, that worked. Any idea how many miles it should charge per hour. Says 8, don’t know if that is low or correct?

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Depends on what it's connected to and at what current and voltage! That sounds like about 2kW by my reckoning?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Super Moderator
2,867 Posts
Hmm, that should be about 9.6kW, so assuming a bit of charging losses that might be 9kW going into the battery (optimistically), then assuming 75kWh corresponds to 290 miles of WLTP range (!), then that should be 75/9=8.3hrs for 290 miles or 34 miles per hour. So 8 miles per hour charging rate sounds like it's charging at more like 8A than 40A.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
If it was set at 32A last time, even though it's on 6A and you cannot change, it will still Charge at 32A

Reactions: rgledhill

·
Registered
164 Posts
I am desperate to get this fixed.
First time ever I have not been able to change amps.

Need to lower amps for an older country house to charge. Otherwise I may be stuck.

Right now it keeps trying to draw too much and constantly trips the breaker.

I have been successful here by lowering to 10 AMP on a 30 hour charge.

It is grayed out now and will not lower even after multiple reboots.

Any solutions?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Try restarting the infotainment system.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts

Need to lower amps for an older country house to charge. Otherwise I may be stuck.

Any solutions?
which cable/EVSE are you using?
I found the polestar granny charging cable seemed to regulate down the amps draw independent of what I set the car at

·
Registered
463 Posts

Any solutions?
I have not found a solution. For me infotainment reset did not help. It did magically stop being greyed out after few days. But then came back again. Polestar confirmed it’s a known issue. My car is already with them for 2 full weeks now trying to solve this and a whole lot of much worse issues (in the end no more infotainment at all - all black).

·
Registered
164 Posts
which cable/EVSE are you using?
I found the polestar granny charging cable seemed to regulate down the amps draw independent of what I set the car at
Using the supplied cable.
Tries to draw 15+ AMPS but need to drop that. Not the strongest electrical system.

Rebooting does not work. If this is not solved then I will not have enough charge to get to a proper public station.

I do this often, just never had the issue of blocked amps settings.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts
I have not found a solution. For me infotainment reset did not help. It did magically stop being greyed out after few days. But then came back again. Polestar confirmed it’s a known issue. My car is already with them for 2 full weeks now trying to solve this and a whole lot of much worse issues (in the end no more infotainment at all - all black).
🤮

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,856 Posts

Any solutions?
🤮

·
Registered
416 Posts
Using the supplied cable.
Tries to draw 15+ AMPS but need to drop that. Not the strongest electrical system.

Rebooting does not work. If this is not solved then I will not have enough charge to get to a proper public station.

I do this often, just never had the issue of blocked amps settings.
The supplied cable never draws more than 10 amps, in most of Europe at least. Could you check what's the max amperage of your cable?

Secondly, connecting (and sometimes disconnecting) a cable to the car's charging port (without plugging it to a wall socket) resets the charging screen in the car. It might help you change the amperage in the car.

·
Registered
164 Posts
The car in the morning seems to have corrected its self, but I lost 15 hours of a critical charge. I can now lower the amps to 10.

This is something I do on a regular basis and I have never had an issue. I love the car but loosing faith and trust in the ability to truly charge anywhere is a big blow in confidence.

I do a decent amount of rural travel and if the happens again I would be stuck. Would Polestar foot the bill for a tow or accommodations?

I will now have to inconvenience guests and my work to get that extra charge to make it to a fast charger (like I do on a regular basis).

Not a happy camper… but all the positives still outweigh the negatives. Hope this is a know issue and is fixed. I will still report.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts