Polestar Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not cheap at all as was mentioned the inverters alone are £3000 (not sure if that is for the 2 or each). Add the labour cost and !!!. Hopefully though getting more than the cost back from Ford for each one registered as Ford tries to avoid massive EU emission fines. Lets hope these new design parts have been thorougly tested.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I don't mean to be an asshole and think this is very interesting information but Darren could easily lose his job for sharing these. It's hard to believe Polestar would appreciate the leak.

·
Registered
234 Posts
that was my takeaway from this post as well.

Wonder where they can retrofit the heat pump...
I was told at a Polestar Space that retrofit would not be possible

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don't mean to be an asshole and think this is very interesting information but Darren could easily lose his job for sharing these. It's hard to believe Polestar would appreciate the leak.
I did check with him and really his pictures are nothing more than is in the public domain (see the XC40 ones above), it's just a bit of extra knowledge. I think Polestar would be very pleased that people can see just how much effort, time and cost is going into fixing their cars, and why it's taking them time to work through them. Polestar seem very open as a company; if it were, say, Ford, I'd expect the lawyers to come knocking...

Reactions: polerad and Arjo

·
Registered
103 Posts
Could be my car as it is due to have new parts fitted today / tomorrow.

Impressed by the design of the cable management, very neat.

My guess is Polestar will foot the bill. Re-charging your supplier millions tends to put them out of business and doesn't help anything.

·
Super Moderator
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've just checked back with the Facebook thread and it has been deleted, so I suspect someone has decided it's better not to have this stuff out in public. Therefore I've deleted the original post and will close this thread.

It was interesting while it lasted but no-one wants to get an experienced technical (but perhaps a little naive!) chap in trouble.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.