Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

· Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So this morning, I looked at 4 of the most current complaint threads (ie window creak, footwell lighting, window coming down, too airtight, etc). All of them were started by Brits.

Now, I have no idea if this is just a coincidence, or a real trend, I just found it odd?

So I asked myself: Is Britain the largest market for Polestar? Do cars sold in Britain have a higher incident of issues? Are Brits just at the vanguard of brining up issues, or represent the largest % of posters on this forum? Or is this just one observation that has no correlation?

My purpose is to ask…does anybody have the number of P2’s sold by country, and/or frequency of issues by Country?

· Registered
21 Posts
Simply, we moan a lot!

Given the quality(?) of our roads, and the constantly changeable weather, some of the moans (I don't consider them complaints on a forum, if it's a complaint, make it official) are understandable.

Brits moan.
Other nations tend to complain.
Though moaning is not exclusive to us Brits

· Registered
1,022 Posts
So this morning, I looked at 4 of the most current complaint threads (ie window creak, footwell lighting, window coming down, too airtight, etc). All of them were started by Brits.
and yet some of the most viewed, positive, and helpful threads also started by Brits, so there's that :unsure:

Well I didn't know that
list of requested future features
FAQ and delivery checks
TCAM Ron Swanson (how to help people fix it)
Reactions on the street
something went right

yada yada

· Registered
65 Posts
It's a national skill to both moan and be polite at the same time. Mostly because we save the rudeness until the person is out of earshot.
I don't want to be offensive, but my only experience in the UK was being told in a pizza hut (or some pizza restaurant at the entrance been a while) to duck off because were German. And some other incidents in London. We decided never to visit there again. (but I really want to go to Ireland and Scotland some day :)) are people in London just more rude? Anyway I mean no offense just curious.

· Registered
410 Posts
The English are also very good and hating the English so dont think you got special treatment. London is very cosmopolitan so generally welcoming once you break the ice.

I find London is a great place but mostly impersonal, the further away you go the more welcoming people are generally speaking.

Ps I don't think you are being offensive I think it's a shame some :poop: made your holiday not as good as it should have been

· Registered
3,141 Posts
I don't want to be offensive, but my only experience in the UK was being told in a pizza hut (or some pizza restaurant at the entrance been a while) to duck off because were German. And some other incidents in London. We decided never to visit there again. (but I really want to go to Ireland and Scotland some day :)) are people in London just more rude? Anyway I mean no offense just curious.
Did your visit coincide with Germany beating England at footie? Some people go to extremes after losing a game of football.

Sorry for the bad experience, if you ever come back message us and we can show you what real British hospitality is like 😊

· Registered
2022 PS2 DM Pilot, 2021 Ionic EV
93 Posts
I do get the preference to complain or moan. Can you imagine what would happen if you posted a message telling "not a single TCAM/charging timer/collision avoidance/lane assist/propulsion/phone app/charger... issue"? (like now my app is showing all the time "can't connect to the car", but the data is still there, and (un)locking and preconditioning work; and the boot sensor ignores my kicks; and the car seems to be in drift mode - must remember to check if the tires/tyres are for european winter instead of nordic.)

· Registered
65 Posts
Did your visit coincide with Germany beating England at footie? Some people go to extremes after losing a game of football.

Sorry for the bad experience, if you ever come back message us and we can show you what real British hospitality is like 😊
Idk if there was a football game but I guess it could be.
Will do :), where are you guys from in the UK?

· Registered
Void | PP 350kW | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
184 Posts
My purpose is to ask…does anybody have the number of P2’s sold by country, and/or frequency of issues by Country?
10.429 P2 were sold in Norway as of today (source: Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge) And we know that Polestar just hit the 100k milestone worldwide, so 10% sold in Norway.
And if this information is right, about 10k + Polestar 2 have been sold in the UK so far too.
This page claims 9449 P2 sold in the US

Total numbers of P2 sold in europe so far: 43554
I'm guessing many Norwegians users will share their rants on Facebook or the Norwegian forum, and probably something similar for other countries. So hard compare in a meaningful way I think.

· Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
10.429 P2 were sold in Norway as of today (source: Registreringer av nye elbiler i Norge) And we know that Polestar just hit the 100k milestone worldwide, so 10% sold in Norway.
And if this information is right, about 10k + Polestar 2 have been sold in the UK so far too.
This page claims 9449 P2 sold in the US

Total numbers of P2 sold in europe so far: 43554
I'm guessing many Norwegians users will share their rants on Facebook or the Norwegian forum, and probably something similar for other countries. So hard compare in a meaningful way I think.

Thanks. I found this table for sale of EV’s in the US through 3Q 2022:

Overwhelmingly, most EV;s, including Tesla’s, are sold in China and India.

Surprisingly, Polestar is selling more EV’s than Volvo (in the US).

1 - 20 of 71 Posts